Nurse Recruitment Consultants

Guest thekings

Guest AndyandLiz

Hi Guys,

There is plenty of work here, we cut out the middle man, picked the hospitals that we wanted to work for and applied directly to them. I had a telephone interview whilst still in the UK and started work 8 days after landing. I see that you have your visa already so you are eligible for work right now!

Good luck!

Andy

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

If you've got your permanent residency already, I'd just apply to the actual hospital. They do give you reimbursement packages, but they're not much really and they tie you in to work for certain hospitals and if you don't like it you're stuck, or you have to 'pay out@ the amount they gave you. I came here with O'Grady Peyton. They were quite helpful, advising me what to do each step of the way, but I was on a sponsored visa, so they had to help me really. I'm now stuck working for my employer becuase of the sponsored route, so you're prospects may be better than mine if you already have PR.

Anyway, if you can

Guest thekings

Cheers Andy, I also have registration approval too, will register after March (for the reduced fee). Looked at a few hospitals but there didn't seem to be a lot going on and Flinders mentions recruitment consultants just wondered if that was the way to go.

Think I may give a load of hospitals an e-mail over the weekend and introduce myself see what happens.

Any tips or contacts greatly received.

Guest AndyandLiz

I have to agree with Darlo, there are plenty of jobs here. If you approach Flinders human resources they will forward your information to one of the CSC's in theatres. They will contact you quite quickly and arrange a telephone interview if necessary. I work in ED, the same division as theatres, PM me if you want any info.

Regards,

Andy

Yep, agree with the 'doing it on your own' I'm on a sponsored visa, the rules have changed so I can get out with a new nomination and the Government now say we don't have to pay back any fee's that the hospital had to pay, to get out of the contract so it's not as bad as it originally was, (Just in case anyone didn't know!!)

Anyway if your not sponsored take your pick, Public is a better choice, less patient laod, more handover time, education, doctors, pay and salary sacrifice.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on the visa by the way. I have registered with Geneva Health and they have secured me a telephone interview at the Royal Adelaide Hospital within a week! I am now panicing and trying to research and prepare lol! Good luck with the job hunting. Jane

Guest angiestaff
Congratulations on the visa by the way. I have registered with Geneva Health and they have secured me a telephone interview at the Royal Adelaide Hospital within a week! I am now panicing and trying to research and prepare lol! Good luck with the job hunting. Jane

i used geneva health too, they were really helpful and i've been told as i arranged my own visa beforehand that i am not tied in to the hospital and i have had a permanent contract from the start.

good luck with the interview, i'm sure you'll be fine

ange x