Sign in to follow this  
Guest Squareman

Want in sooooo bad....

Guest Squareman

Hi all

I am an expat Scot from Joburg who has been knocking on good old Adelaide's door for the past 2 years! I initially tried the skilled migrant route but we all know what happened there! :arghh:

The latest is that I have found some poor company that is willing to sponsor my 457 visa, but it has been 3 week since I received the 'yeah, we'll give you a go, mate' email. Since then, I've been told they are speaking to Immigration and the local chamber of commerce but have heard little since. :confused:

I am trying to be positive but my pessimistic side is starting to get the better of me.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Guest mayjess

Hi, I am not in that situation, but I would like to just wish you loads of luck and try to stay positive!

keep us posted on the outcome, sounds good if theyre going ahead with the legalites

Mayjess

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello,

We have someone willing to sponsor my husband, but the paperwork at that end can take a lot of preparing, we are not on the 475, but I do know that the company still have to suply financial info, as well as the need for your skill etc, and that can also take time.

Hang in there, think blue skies and hopefuly soon you will be under them

Tanya

Guest ReadyPenny

Wheels turn VERY slowly here in the Southern Hemosphere, just hang in there!!! I applied for a job early June and was invited to an interview in late August!!! Slowly slowly my friend:biglaugh: nobody is in a rush here!!!

Good luck and try not to worry, am sure it will all work out EVENTUALLY!! It's hard to adjust to that at first, us Poms are so used to everything "finger clicking quick"!!!!

best wishes

Mandy

Guest Guest75

Hi Squareman.

Welcome to PIA, I've followed your story so far.

I can only wish you a very warm welcome and the best of luck for the future in your road here.

I know you really want it!! :):)

Guest Squareman

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the well wishes. Joburg is also extremely fast-paced (folk from London visiting here have commented on it, so it must be true!) but what I can't fathom is the fact that the company I am trying to get to sponsor me is extremely short-staffed at the moment. The MD is working 18 hour days because 3 of his senior staff have left (for valid reasons like maternity leave, retirement etc)

Oh well, I guess I will just have to be patient. It's not easy though. Tonight is my last night in my big old house as we are moving in with the inlaws. It all seems a bit weird...