Here we go again!!

Guest ladybird

Guest ladybird

Hi Guys,

It's nearly a year since i last visited the site and yes we have a new baby girl! It must be something about bringing life into the world that gets me thinking about emigrating all over again! Maybe its been on maternity leave although i don't have much time with two little ones now lol.

We have started the dilemna all over again and are researching etc again... I just feel like i want my children to grow up in the best circumstances i can possibly give them and not sure i can acheive that here but who knows if we could in oz?? A big part of me wants to say sod it and go for it but hubby needs a bit more persuading i think!!

Hope everyone's well and i hope to be posting a bit more when i don't have a child attached to me lol!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest karenbonnar

Hi

Congratulations on your new baby. I read your post because I feel like the title. We had applied to emigrate to Canada and then found out last year that they had changed the skilled jobs list and they sent our application back ineligible. So now we are thinking Australia.

I have two boys (3 and 1) and know exactly what you mean about quality of life for them. New countries have such a refreshing outlook compared to here. We loved NZ and my sis is there but know lots of people that really struggle with the low wages. My husbands friends that are now in Adelaide were originally in NZ but they make Adelaide sound great. So now we are having my hubbies skills assessed and going for state sponsorship to SA. Still ages away though.

I hope you make the brave decision to go. I think the sooner the better as far as the kids go. For now enjoy the new arrival.

Guest k8bug79
Hi Guys,

It's nearly a year since i last visited the site and yes we have a new baby girl! It must be something about bringing life into the world that gets me thinking about emigrating all over again! Maybe its been on maternity leave although i don't have much time with two little ones now lol.

We have started the dilemna all over again and are researching etc again... I just feel like i want my children to grow up in the best circumstances i can possibly give them and not sure i can acheive that here but who knows if we could in oz?? A big part of me wants to say sod it and go for it but hubby needs a bit more persuading i think!!

Hope everyone's well and i hope to be posting a bit more when i don't have a child attached to me lol!!!!

Hi and congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Good luck with the immigration process. I a right there with you. I too had a baby and strted this journey. My daughter will be one ina cuple of weeks but like you being on maternity leave (too much time on my hands) and wantng more for my children has got us started on this route. Its difficult to know whether its for the best but our opinion is that we have to try and we can always come home if it isn't right.

Two children is a shock to the system isn't it? I found it so hard to have 2. Now I have 3 (I am mad lol) and I am kinda used to it. I still have days (this weekend for eg) where I could happily sit in a corner and cry lol. But they are fab childrena nd I can't imagine my life without them and all I want for them is to be happy and safe and in an enviroment that nurtures them. (Australia hopefully)

I hope your journey isn't too long. We are just trying to save money (badly lol) and then we can apply for my spouses visa.

Guest mimasawrus

Hi there,

I just read your post and I would say go for it. If the thought is there it probably wont go away until you do it and I know I would rather try than regret not trying when it is too late. We have been here for 4 months now and it has been a rollercoaster from when we started our visa journey, but I know we have made the right decision. We have two kids and they have settled fine and definately do not want to go back to England, so whatever is put before us we will tackle as we know the children are happy. Good luck and stick with it

Laura x

Guest ladybird

Thanks for all the posts. I think you're right in the sense of it's better when the kids are younger and also that we might have to do it to make all the thoughts go away lol

We first went to oz in 2005 for our honeymoon. I'd never really fancied oz but my husband's best friend emigrated there and so we went for honeymoon so we could visit them. We went to sydney, cairns and then Perth. We loved sydney but its expensive, cairns was fantastic as a holiday and perth neither of us liked. Whilst in sydney we thought about going to oz for a couple of years then going home to start a family. We then got to cairns and discovered fate had already intervened and i was pregnant!

In 2007 when Zara was 7 months old we went for a month to Melbourne and adelaide purely to see if we'd like to emigrate. We like melbourne but are not really city people. We loved adelaide and spent time in north adelaide, glenelg and then in the country. Drove a thousand miles in 2weeks and really enjoyed it.

However, a friend died whilst we were there and the funeral was before we came home and it made us think about parents and grandparents dying. Bit morbid but we knew if we were there we wouldn't be able to come home everytime as we have 4 grandparents and 8 parents as all remarried. All a bit morbid but thats reality. We eventually decided not to emigrate at that time and started to put our energies into finishing the house and just living life.

Then in about 2008 we started to think about it again and realised the dream is still there so started looking in to it again, checking the lists etc. Then feb 2009 I discovered i was pregnant again!!

Now i have the two girls and i'm happy at work but the OH is very dissatisfied work wise as is self employed and it has been hard. But would it be any easier just because we're in a different country?? We're going to go to the down under live expo at leeds at the end of march and talk to a few people and just sit back and decide - if only it's that easy lol xx

Guest karenbonnar

Hi, hope you find the right decision. My hubbies friend gave us the advice that we will still have to work and budget the same as here. We will still have to live our lives but the environment is nicer. Also you never know it is impossible to predict exactly what your situation will be over there, its a bit of a gamble, could be fantastic.

Life is too short. Even if it doesn't work out having the experience will enhance your lives. Not all experiences are good but it doesn't mean there not worth having.

Hope I don't sound preachy I'm just in a dreamy mood tonight. Good luck at the down under event.

Guest JoTanCalOwen

However, a friend died whilst we were there and the funeral was before we came home and it made us think about parents and grandparents dying. Bit morbid but we knew if we were there we wouldn't be able to come home everytime as we have 4 grandparents and 8 parents as all remarried. All a bit morbid but thats reality. We eventually decided not to emigrate at that time and started to put our energies into finishing the house and just living life.

Hello Ladybird and family,

As we are all aware the unfortunate thing about life is it ending, which comes to us all some sooner than others, and for others they have a great innings and enjoy it too. If you stay for all your concerns about family you and your family will miss a fantastic opportunity only to be alone when all the parents have gone, morbid yes I agree but it is fact also.

We lost our dad just before christmas and we were here in UK (as we still are), but dad wanted us to go regardless of his health, so does mum, (my inlaws but as good as parents), my mum and dad are divorced and re settled so we have (had) 3 sets of parents and grandparents, two of which could not be happier, one set of which are not and do not talk to us about migration and think that my leaving my sister who I am close to is selfish of me, but my sister has said to go and it is about time I live my life with my family, .....

So many have mixed emotions and responses from loved ones, but be all and end all it has to be your decision for your immediate family within your four walls.

Everyones view will be different and I hope you find your answer from within and maybe with help from PIA,

Take care and good luck x x x

Tanya :cute: