Guest melj71

Pickled Eggs!!

Guest melj71

Hi,

Is there anyone who knows where or even if it is possible to buy pickled aggs in Adelaide, my DH has been craving them for seems like forever :)

Guest Kelly O

I keep reading on here DH... something has passed be by so I Wikipedia'd it :goofy: : is it Darling hubby, desparate housewife or demon hunter?

Sorry I know I am owning up to not understanding but thought I'd just check!

I am the only one who didn't know?!!!:idea::wubclub:

Guest melj71

Lol,

I use it for "dear husband" but I suppose it could be used for anyone the ones you said, just depends what mood you're in :)

Guest Kelly O

Sorry I was just being thick! I've noticed a few people using 'DH' this week, I ignored it(subconsciously must have been wondering what the hecks that).... but then when I saw it again I thought I better check this out and catch up on the lingo.

(its probably about 10 years old and I've just cottoned on)

I am a bit behind the times ... we have an ol' fashioned compass and map in our car ... no Sat Nav for me!!:v_SPIN:

Also sorry I wasn't able to help with your pickled egg question either. There's a lovely fish and chip shop at West Beach tho-they might have some -are they easy to make yourself?

Cheers, Kelly!

Try this:- :)

Ingredients

12 large eggs 350ml (12 fl oz) distilled cider vinegar 350ml (12 fl oz) water 1 tablespoon pickling spice (or all spice)

1 clove garlic, crushed 1 bay leaf 1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to the boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel. 2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the vinegar, water and pickling spice. Bring to the boil and mix in the garlic and bay leaf. Remove from heat. 3. Transfer the eggs to sterilised containers. Fill the containers with the hot vinegar mixture, seal and refrigerate 8 to 10 days before serving.

Guest Guest75

Not like in the UK unless imported.

Reminds me of the night we took a dare at the local pub years ago - did 10 with out a drink.

Oh boy - the farts were unreal for the next 3 days:err:

Guest melj71

Not sure about making them..tho I might try the recipe that's been posted.

I've been to the fish n chip shop at West Beach and they are yummy :)