Sears Family

Importing car from UK ??

Hi

Just wondered if anyone can give advise on importing car(s) from the UK...is it worth it??:unsure:

How much did the shipping cost you and what additional costs would we look to incur? I have spotted a couple of threads that discuss road tax and stamp duty, is there anything else we should be aware of?

We have an Audi A3 and Megane Scenic, what would the equivilent be and rough prices if we were to buy in OZ?

Sorry if this seems a bit muddled, but not sure whether to sell both, keep one or bring them with us!!?? :goofy:

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Von

For anyone interested, or if not, I'll continue to talk to myself :goofy:

Just had a nice call from a removals company and was told that a car would cost between £2200 and £2500 to ship over, plus I'd need 3 months window for Import approval and pay Duty.

Von

:wubclub:

Guest snowy10
    Hi

Just wondered if anyone can give advise on importing car(s) from the UK...is it worth it??:unsure:

How much did the shipping cost you and what additional costs would we look to incur? I have spotted a couple of threads that discuss road tax and stamp duty, is there anything else we should be aware of?

We have an Audi A3 and Megane Scenic, what would the equivilent be and rough prices if we were to buy in OZ?

Sorry if this seems a bit muddled, but not sure whether to sell both, keep one or bring them with us!!?? :goofy:

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Von

If you do a search for "importing a car" on the Poms in Oz website you'll find loads of information.

Having read quite a few of the threads, uness your car is something out of the ordinary the cost to ship and then the import taxes etc make it prohibitively expensive.

Having researched the price of new and second hand cars in Australia second hand cars seem to hold their value very well so are more expensive than you would expect to pay in the UK. The cost of new cars seems similar if not a little cheaper, I think we would go down the new car route as the depreciation in Australia is not half as bad as in the UK.

Guest Guest5035

BritVics/ImportingYourCar - Australia

here's your answer, this is the procedure for victoria, only difference will be a different tax rate SA is slightly higher...................by the way we do sell cars here in Adelaide.

Stevo

Guest Adrian Fox

Don't bother it is not worth it as they will not be of any great value when you go to sell them. The reason is because they will not be Australia spec and dealers will not pay much for them.( I ran car yards for years)

Guest cafehag

I brought mine, and I'd do it again, especially at current exchange rates. It is a bit of a hassle, but there is good money to be made. Your Audi is likely to cost up to three times its UK value here.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Hi

Hi Guys

We are looking to import our vw camper and have been checking though the web.

Have also received info from PSS removals, Check out Home - Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry

Hope this helps

Jim