Riponian

Customs??

I am going back to the UK in a couple of weeks and wonder what if anything I can bring back? :huh:

When we came out did not bring anything for fear of being turned away but I would like to get something English for the kids to take to Nursery as a thank you but not sure I can?

Any advice or ideas that would be great.

I think the main thing is to make sure you declare if you have brought something. Visitors in the past have brought out sweets and crisps for the kids, no problem, just ticked the box on the customs form and told the guy on the desk what they have. As long as you don't have anything fresh, or dairy, or meaty, or with fruit you're probably fine!

Favourites in our household include Minstrels, Quavers, Monster Munch, Penguin Biscuits and Caramac! (But I've also recently had a yearning for something a little different, so dear Matt has said he'll bring me back some Aquafresh toothpaste from his next trip, haven't you Matt??!!)

Thanks I thought I would be ok as long as declare it just need to have a think about what to bring that is english!

there probably isnt much English left to bring back is there..most of it has probably been made obselete...by all the do gooders....

HG

:policeman:

Guest thekings
    there probably isnt much English left to bring back is there..most of it has probably been made obselete...by all the do gooders....

HG

:policeman:

I quite agree, they've even sold Cadbury's now :arghh:

Guest JoTanCalOwen
    I am going back to the UK in a couple of weeks and wonder what if anything I can bring back? :huh:

When we came out did not bring anything for fear of being turned away but I would like to get something English for the kids to take to Nursery as a thank you but not sure I can?

Any advice or ideas that would be great.

When we travelled to Adelaide, I had crisps and sweets and chewing gum, (I almost have a picnic when am travelling anywhere), delcared them all and everything was fine,

:wubclub: