Guest BAZnDAF

Whats the NET?

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi all,

Could anyone give me advice and/or some calcualtions for the following.

I have been offered a package of 75k p/a for a job in Darwin (not sure if that makes a difference to the calculations), but I can't work out what the net income would be, the package includes the Super, so i guess i would need to take that out of it, then the medicare, then the tax, but how much is the Super? and Medicare?

Also, is the Super and Medicare taken out before you calculate the tax? or after? Or maybe just one or the other? I'm totally confused.

I only seem to be able to find online calculators for tax!:wacko:

We need to know if we can survive on the net pay as the cost of rentals up there is ridiculous!

Thanks

Barry

Guest hel&sam

Cant help with the calculations i'm afraid but congratulations on the job offer.

See if you find a website or anything to check out living costs in Darwin as I know they are a lot higher than elsewhere in Australia. Food, rent, petrol etc.

Guest Lulujim

hi - i have had a look on the pay calculator and put in my OHs pay.. it seemed to be $200 less (fortnightly) - but I guess it gives you a rough idea? HTH :D

Guest BAZnDAF

Well, I have done some more reasearch and I just don't think that paying nearly 50% of my wages on rent along is going to cut it somehow! especially as food, utlity bills, petrol etc... are all more expensive.

Mind you, the most important fact I guess is Daph said tonight that she don't want to live there, she loves Adelaide so I guess that answers it!

Thanks for all the replies.

Lets just hope I get some replies back from the Adelaide side of things!

Barry