Sign in to follow this  
Guest sean 1

uk sparks looking to make the move

    Recommended Posts

    Guest sean 1

    looking into making the move and have a possible sponsor, have to complete a skills assessment can anyone tell what will be involved in this

    then to gain an "a" licence will need to do a wiring rules course is this correct

    has anyone any experience of the peers distance learning , do they supply all the books i will need to do the course or will i need to get any such as regs



    and any other things that you think of that would help

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest JoTanCalOwen

    TRA Check list, I hope this will answer some of your questions,


    We had to compile a very in depth description of hubby's qualifications, apprenticeship, with working history and employers as well as a reference from current employer (obvioulsy if self employed proof of work experience etc)


    Hope this helps :wubclub:


    Trades Recognition Australia: Checklist of Documents

    Please use this checklist as a guide for when you believe your application is ready for submission to

    your Visa Bureau Caseworker. If you have any queries as to what you need to submit please contact

    your case worker before sending in your documents.

    IMPORTANT - Unless otherwise stated all documents for the Skills Assessing Body must be in the

    form of a certified copy and translated into English by a professional translator. Please refer to the

    attached Document Certification document for details.

    Note: As you will need the same documents for the 2nd (DIAC) stage of the process, and often for trade

    licensing and/or employment requirements, it makes sense to make 3 certified copies of these documents at

    this stage.

    As you gather your documents for your final TRA application, tick off the following to ensure you have

    included everything.

    Identification Documents:


    · A certified copy of your Birth certificate or Passport


    · 2x recent passport sized photos (with your name written on the back)


    · Any applicable name change documents, e.g. Marriage Certificate, Deed Poll papers



    · Relevant Trade certificates



    · Relevant Apprenticeship Papers


    · Relevant Registration documents


    Employment References:

    Detailed technical training references will be required from the company/s where you were initially trained in

    your career, as well as any employment later in your career which is directly related to your nominated

    occupation. Please refer to the TRA Guidelines and Sample References document included in the original

    instructions email for in-depth information.

    Self Employment Documents:



    (where applicable)


    A Statutory Declaration detailing your self-employment will be needed - please refer to the TRA Guidelines

    and Sample References document for an outline Statutory Declaration and a detailed list of the required

    information for your business/contracting:

    · Accountant’s letter detailing years and nature of your self employment.



    · Tax records for each year of your self employment.


    · At least 3x letters from suppliers


    · At least 3x letters from customers/clients


    · If you have been subcontracted to companies for long periods, technical references as per the examples


    in the TRA Guidelines and Sample References should be provided to cover these periods.

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Sign in to follow this