ThunderRoad

Will my flight crash and will I die ?? Probably not.

Did anyone read the Mail on Sunday supplement this weekend ? Appropriately named ""Live" it included a two page peice outlining a " Real In-Flight Survival Guide ":err:

According to the report August is the most popular month for flights to fall from the air (48). May is the month if you want to survive with only 27 fatal crashes between 1942-2009.

The worst possible flight would be Ameria flying to Russia on a DC-9 in August. Australia has been the final destination (so to speak) for 130 flights since 1942.

Interestingly the ideal seating posiiton to increase your chance of survival is an aisle seat within five rows of an exit.

We are flying Boeing 747 in May and guess where I'm going to sit :eek:

Guest Cope

Great, statistics. Remember there is nothing scary about flying. It is the crashing you have to prevent.

Did anyone read the Mail on Sunday supplement this weekend ? Appropriately named ""Live" it included a two page peice outlining a " Real In-Flight Survival Guide ":err:

According to the report August is the most popular month for flights to fall from the air (48). May is the worst month if you want to survive with only 27 fatal crashes between 1942-2009.

The worst possible flight would be Ameria flying to Russia on a DC-9 in August. Australia has been the final destination (so to speak) for 130 flights since 1942.

Interestingly the ideal seating posiiton to increase your chance of survival is an aisle seat within five rows of an exit.

We are flying Boeing 747 in May and guess where I'm going to sit :eek:

the safest seat on a plane is right at the back........i have never heard of a plane reversing into a mountain......:biglaugh:

HG

Guest kangomik

Scream as loud as you want when it goes down, no one will remember:skeptical:

Guest BAZnDAF

If you can, try and find the black box, its near the tail of the aircraft, climb in there then all is well! good flight!

:D

Guest JoTanCalOwen

involved hit and run :policeman: (no I was not the runner !!!)

handbreak turn in front of me ........ tadaaaa ... jus like that ... ha ha ... ha ha

usual cut you up jobbies

peeps who cannot find breaks and hit you etc..

hubby refuses to get in a car with me lol

Flying all good .... Greece, Spain x 3, America and Australia No Problemo !! Yes there and back again

compare road statistics to air statistics you'd fly to the supermarket :) !!

Love flying me, fight the kids for the window seat :wubclub: