Stuff to pack

Guest BAZnDAF

Guest BAZnDAF

I'm sure someone must have asked this question many times but here goes......

We are getting our stuff ready to bring over but unsure what are the best things to bring. Are there any items (those of you who have made the transition) you wish you had taken with you. We are bringing all our 'Manchester' goods with us but need to know what else we should consider??

Help!

Daf

Guest mayjess

My best advice is to take as much as you can, although this time round, we`re not taking our wardrobes and drier, we didnt have need for them in the last house we lived in, in Adelaide, also because of costs we are just taking our essentials!

Mayjess

probably kettle n toaster, you can get these cheap but quality suffers, towels, face cloths etc books (if you like to read) thongs are cheap enough but proper shoes (for work) can be a bit expensive. It's the little things you miss the most. We brought everything and still had to buy a few extra bits.

We took everything that we could. If your having a full container then fill it!

We brought some wardrobes that we thought we might not need but they fitted in anyway. Turns out we did not need them so one is in the garage and the other in the hall!

Bring pots and pans, cutlery plates, bedding any tools that you can get clean everything!!

Guest BAZnDAF

Thanks. We are not having a container as we're not taking our furniture just the tv and dvd etc.. so we are sending our stuff in packing cases.

Why 'Morphett Vale for now' - we liked it there but then we did only spend 2 weeks there - is there something we should know?

LIGHT BULBS!They are very expensive here,and fit same here as there.Also 2 or 3 4/6 gang extension leads for your British electricals,PC etc,plus OZ adaptors.Bedding,sheets and covers and quality pillows,as very expensive,though quilts are reasonable.Worth getting a car with a tow-bar as you can get a trailer here cheap from the ads in the paper,and save a fortune on moving furniture from house to house,or shop to house,very handy to have.Good luck,Sue.:)

Guest ladybird

Are books expensive then as I am an avid reader and might get a bit lost without all my books!! Do you have good libraries? sounds a bit daft that as I'm sure there is lol

Are books expensive then as I am an avid reader and might get a bit lost without all my books!! Do you have good libraries? sounds a bit daft that as I'm sure there is lol

My OH loves her library card and will drive out to any of the Port Adelaide/Enfield Libraries if they have a specific book available, or to make use of their free internet and coffee, even though we live in the Playford area.

Personally though, I prefer to read a brand new book that hasn't been worn out by someone else's eyes. So I'll usually pop by Borders in the city, or Dymocks.

However I have been using the online bookshop Booktopia more and more lately as they can get books from overseas that haven't been released here yet and have been pretty quick and reliable.