Diane

Mothers Day in the UK

...is Sunday 14th March in case anyone had forgotten!

Always catches me out as it's a different date here, so thought I'd put a post up to remind people to get their cards off now (or there's always Moonpig...!)

Thanks Diane was only asking my OH last night when it was (not that he ever knows tho's sort of things lol).

Better get a card off to the old mother in law then xx

Guest the4hopes

My mum and dad celebrate the Oz days now!! It's easier for me,as there are plenty of reminders here, and then they still get UK cards from my sister, so they celebrate for 2 days instead of 1.

Guest Kelly O

Hi Diane

Thanks 4 the reminder!

I'd love to surprise my Mum but can you get hold of a Mother's Day card at this time of year over here? Or do you just get a blank one and write your own verse, or were you organised and kept one back from Mum's Day here!

I remember last year I had 2 mothers days as we were in England for one, emigrated on 6 April and had another on in May I believe. Very nice!

If you ask in a card shop, they often have some put away they can get out for you - or you could do what I do and send flowers and chocs instead of a card (Flowers by post with free UK delivery | Bunches the online florist are wonderful! Order before midnight UK time this Sunday and put the code 'MDAY10' in at checkout stage for 10% off) or use Moonpig for a personalised card (Moonpig.com Personalised Greeting Cards) sent out for you from the UK. Alternatively of course, loads of places here sell really cheap (about $1) blank cards with pictures of australian birds, flowers or animals on them, write your own personal message inside, sorted (postage usually takes about a week).

Guest Messua

Thanks Diane. My life wouldn't be worth living if I forgot!

Jane

Guest Guest5035
    You cheapskates, the lot of you, sending cards.

Do what I am doing, go and visit!!!

card and a stamp is cheaper

stevo

Guest Guest5035
    In fact, it's bad timing by me, going over at Mother's day is costing me lunch out :-(

could be worse.......................taking the MIL out

Stevo.