Guest Daniel&Kelly

hand luggage???

Guest Daniel&Kelly

Hi guys,

as this is going to be my first flight (and what a place to start!! lol)

i have no idea on what would be the best things to pack into my hand luggage! with three young ones i'm not hopeful of a good flight :arghh:

what are you glad you packed?

and

what do you wish you had of packed?

xxx

Guest Drumms

I always have skin wipes and moisturiser as you get really dry skin. The wipes are great to for the face to try and freshen you up when you start to feel a bit groggy! Also, extra water!

Good luck!

Guest bishop3912

Hi not sure of the ages of your kiddies, but have done this flight a couple of times with 3 and now 4!! lol. I always pack a spare set of clothes for all of them, ie clothes that roll up small and are lightweight in case of accidents/sickness etc, the only time I didnt take them on a flight I needed them !!! The kids just love the flight tv system and between watching that, eating and sleeping they dont really need much else, you also get given a kiddie pack for each child on the flight which is usually colouring stuff, card game etc. For me I make sure I have the antiseptic gel for all of our hands to kill the germs, an emergency set of clothes (again stuff that rolls up small) and my book as I'm not really one for watching the tv loads. Its surprising really how quickly the flight seems to go, the kids always keep us occupied!! lol. Oh and as one of mine suffers from flight sickness I also have the travel bands and a packet of sick tablets as well as the usual headache tablets, calpol/nurofen sachets and poo tablets (u never know!!! lol).

Good luck with it all

Regards Corinne

I found with kids depending on their ages that you have to pack just enough as trying to get your kids and their toys etc and everything else off the plane can be difficult you end up carrying them and bags!

Try only take just what you need and don't take too many toys etc. We had way too much for our flight.

You will be fine the attendants are usually quite helpful and will help show kids around the plane, make up milk bottles, they even washed kids cups and bottles out for me.

I am sure you will be fine but don't plan on you doing much other than entertain kids would not bother with a book - just more to carry!

Guest The Dimmocks

We took a bag each for kids with some little toys in, didnt really need them as they were given plenty of toys on the plane, they werent big though so wasnt to hard to carry. A change of clothes for kids. We needed them on second leg of journey when our daughter decided to be sick, didn't put a change of pants in though so just thankful it was shorts and not skirt. As everyone has said, the tv's and buttons will keep kids amused for ages, kepted ours entertained for 2 hours until they fell asleep. I wouldn't worry to much about flight, there were lots of small children on our flight and we never heard any of them. Everyone around us commented on how well behaved our children where when they were awake (they can be right little monster when they want to as well).

Enjoy your last few weeks in UK and have a safe journey over.

Michelle

Guest Daniel&Kelly

Thanks everyone for replying I will definately pack facial wipes!

Your posts have also made me feel a bit more positive about it all xx

Guest Dave & Carole

I would also pack a spare T-shirt for yourself & some shorts/trousers if there is room. Our kids were great all through the flight, but one of them threw up as we landed at Adelaide - I got caught & was a glad to change myself as well as her!!

Hi guys,

as this is going to be my first flight (and what a place to start!! lol)

i have no idea on what would be the best things to pack into my hand luggage! with three young ones i'm not hopeful of a good flight :arghh:

what are you glad you packed?

and

what do you wish you had of packed?

xxx

tamazopam always works well when travelling a long way with the kids....:biglaugh:

To be hinest the guys on the plabe are pretty good and they look after you really well.....or leat they did with us on SIA....

Good luck with it and see you on the bright side soon....

HG

Guest Guest5035
    Hi guys,

as this is going to be my first flight

Parachute....................:biglaugh:

stevo

Guest Daniel&Kelly
    Parachute....................:biglaugh:

stevo

yeah cheers for that!! :arghh: ........:biglaugh:

Guest tinkham_lee
    I always have skin wipes and moisturiser as you get really dry skin. The wipes are great to for the face to try and freshen you up when you start to feel a bit groggy! Also, extra water!

Good luck!

you wont be allowed to take water through customs. (due to the terror act you cant take bottles bigger than 100ml) you can buy it once you are through. also,if your flight is direct or you are changing before landing in oz you wont be allowed to take water on board the plane. (i got my water taken off me when i cleared security in Hong Kong, brought another bottle and got it taken off me as I boarded the plane for Adelaide)

drinks (including alcohol) and snacks are complementary on the flights, and if you want one, just ask the attendant.

I always carry a puzzle book, a deck of cards and an ipod for when you get bored of the onboard entertainment.

I would take some money in the currency of your connecting airport as well.

Guest Messua

Hi Daniel & Kelly,

We came here 11 years ago with three young boys, aged 6, 5 & 3. Between us, Hubby and I carried a spare set of clothes for each of us, toilet bag and towel. We also took travel games, paper and pencils to keep the kids entertained on the journey. They had these in their little backpacks. We kept moist wipes so that we could easily freshen up on the plane and chewy sweets to help our ears. Some people take drinks as well but that just adds more weight, so we just made sure our wallets were full so that we could buy drinks on the plane.

Guest kelv&haley

as well as spare clothes as said many times i would suggest chewing gum or mints,just a thought but i cant be doing with feeling yucky,and fresh breath helps,also when your ears pop when taking off and landing chewing helps sort them out again,

also dont worry too much we flew with 5,3 and 1 year old children and it was fine,the thought was far worse,lol.good luck

Guest needtogonow

Hi Daniel and Kelly,

We also arrive on the 31st march, who are you flying with?

Bex.XXX

Guest Daniel&Kelly
    Hi Daniel and Kelly,

We also arrive on the 31st march, who are you flying with?

Bex.XXX

we fly out on the 31st with singapore airlines who are you flying with? xx

Guest Daniel&Kelly

thanks for all your replies xx

as tinkham_lee said about not being allowed to take water through is there anything else i can't take or a website i can visit that will tell me xx

Guest Messua

Don't take any food or drink, even pre-packaged stuff and no wood or leather, apart from your shoes and bag... if you're at all unsure declare it. They will advise you. If you don't declare it and it's not allowed, the fines can be huge.:arghh:

Guest Daniel&Kelly

when you took calpol with you did you carry it in its original bottle or move it in to a clear one? xx