been here almost 2 years HEAPS GOOD!!!

Guest Antonia.R!

Guest Antonia.R!

hi im 16 almost 17 in march and ive been here almost 2 years now and im still loving it i was quite nervous before i came here but when i got here i found it quite easy to make friends at school and at youth group im really excited about having our 2nd lot of family visiting in two weeks as they will be here for my birthday ive enjoyed every minute of our new adventure (even the time we spent in on arival accomadation:err:!!!!!) if anyone wants to know anything about adelaide before coming or if anyone wants to meet up if there new here il do my best im happy to help NO WORRIES! x:)

• 3 months later...
Guest elise.o

^ hey i'm 14, 15 soon and might be moving to australia next summer, we are visiting this summer to see what it's like. Just wondering what the schools and teenagers are like over there compared to the UK (where everyone seems to have to impress each other/act older than they really are!)?

Thanks, elise :) x

Guest Antonia.R!

hi elise i found when I got here that school was a lot more laid back than in England and all the people where generally nice, there's not a lot of bullying hope you enjoy your visit!

hope this helped you

Guest Antonia.R!

sometimes but not a lot its mostly just when you say things different to them like

peppers- capsicums

plasters- band aids

courgettes- zucchini

trousers- pants

sweets- lollies

and when you pronounce things differently as we say pasta they pronounce it parsta that's something i haven't got used to!

Guest elise.o

oh okay lol , parsta that sounds so strange! haha

what school do you go to? do you like it there + was it easy to make friends? and what subjects do you take/can you take ? :)

Guest Antonia.R!

I recently left school last week as I'm in year 12 and I only did year 12 as I wasn't sure what i wanted to do in the future but now i have decided to go to tafe (college). i did go to Blackwood high school i liked it there and i enrolled into the school not knowing anyone but found it easy to make friends also through this i met other english people who where going attend blackwood high school and i helped them as i had been at the school for a year. some schools are different to what subjects you can take in early years of high school you are given basic subjects like english maths humanities and science and you can choose a certain amount of other subjects like dance, drama, history, art,woodwork etc

Guest Antonia.R!

there are quite a lot of english people that go to blackwood high school but it changes to where abouts you go to school are you excited for ur visit?

Guest elise.o

Oh okay, well I know my mums been looking into aberfoyle park high school and brighton high school, do you know anything about them?

But we have to look in the areas we could actually afford too, which rules out some schools!

I'm really excited about visiting in the summer, especially because my aunt, uncle and cousins live in adelaide! :) But I'm nervous about the idea of actually moving over there and starting school without knowing anyone, especially the first day!

It's not definite that we're moving yet, we're visiting Brisbane as well, as there seems to be more jobs there for my dad than in adelaide :(

But i think we will be deciding whether we'll move or not when we get back this summer, I think unless we all absolutely hate australia we won't be going, but otherwise I think at the moment it's looking like we'll be moving next year! :S

:)

Guest Antonia.R!
Oh okay, well I know my mums been looking into aberfoyle park high school and brighton high school, do you know anything about them?

But we have to look in the areas we could actually afford too, which rules out some schools!

I'm really excited about visiting in the summer, especially because my aunt, uncle and cousins live in adelaide! :) But I'm nervous about the idea of actually moving over there and starting school without knowing anyone, especially the first day!

It's not definite that we're moving yet, we're visiting Brisbane as well, as there seems to be more jobs there for my dad than in adelaide :(

But i think we will be deciding whether we'll move or not when we get back this summer, I think unless we all absolutely hate australia we won't be going, but otherwise I think at the moment it's looking like we'll be moving next year! :S

:)

haha well atleast your doing the smart thing my family moved here without even visiting australia at all i live next to aberfoyle hub in a place called happy valley my brother (aged 15) used to go to blackwood too but then he moved to aberfoyle park school all for one day! haha well he will soon be attending tafe soon in electrician and he still has to go to school for the two lessons maths and electrics until he starts his course but the school sorted out everything for him we both visited the school when we first came here 2 years ago but in the end chose blackwood as it was closest to us at the time although now its quite expensive there are somethings that i think that aberfoyle park is better than blackwood as they helped my brother who was struggling at school where as blackwood just ignored everything ive only ever been to adelaide but i know that adelaide is the quietest city a lot less traffic than in brisbane

Guest elise.o

errrm i think he's something to do with finance/accountant or something? lol

so would you recommend looking into aberfoyle park high school then? :)

Guest Antonia.R!

ok cool but really moving to australia is nothing to be worried about at first i was worried about it but now i love it going to the beach in summer going out with my friends the warm weather

Guest Antonia.R!

there isnt as much spiders as they say they are and if u see big spiders there usually outside altough we had a huntsman spider in the house but theyre not poisonous so we just chased it out the house :P

• 9 months later...
Guest Harry Simpson

Hey Antonia im 14 nearly 15 and will be moving over to Adelaide around christmas time. I was just wondering what type of sports you do over there in P.E, because i have been told that you can go surfing and diving in the sea is this true ? :D