validating visas -need place to stay !

Guest suttons

Guest suttons

We are coming to Adelaide on Wed 24th March for a 7 nights holiday to validate our visas, we have yet to find somewhere to stay. We are a family of 2 adults, 2 children and a small toddler, we would appreciate any recommendations for apartments/holiday lets etc and rates. It doesnt have to be plush, just clean, comfortable child friendly and not too remote.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Shona xxxx

Shona (36), Ian (35), Elisha (11), Mitchell (8) and Ty (2)

Hi,

blimey, you will need to get your skates on, mate!!

You could try glenelgholiday@bigpond.com.au................

we used them for our recce visit; i forget the lady's name, but she was very helpful with us, and manages a lot of properties...............

Otherwise, you might try some of the caravan park websites through google.

Hope the visit goes well!!!

Regards

Jane

We activated our visas last October. We only stayed in Adelaide for 6 nights and rented a little unit at Christies Beach. It was lovely, 100 metres from beach. There were 5 of us and it was just what we needed. Rented it through www.adelaidebound.com and it was in short term rentals, K P rentals, property 2. I would recommend it

Karen

Guest suttons

yes, we are having a holiday, 7 days in adelaide and then we fly to Sydney to stay with family for the rest of our holiday, so we need an apartment or unit or something that sleeps 4 plus a travel cot, we were originally staying with family but they have temporarily had to return to the uk so we need to find somewhere for in 3 weeks time and im panicking now.

Guest waowen
yes, we are having a holiday, 7 days in adelaide and then we fly to Sydney to stay with family for the rest of our holiday, so we need an apartment or unit or something that sleeps 4 plus a travel cot, we were originally staying with family but they have temporarily had to return to the uk so we need to find somewhere for in 3 weeks time and im panicking now.

Just an idea, but would'nt your family who you were due to stay with let you stay there anyway, you could give them a reduced rent so you would both be benefiting. Hope everything works out for you anyway, Goodluck!!!!

Regards

Elaine (176 visa granted 22nd Jan '10, validation trip 4th April to Adelaide)

Guest suttons

nice thought but thy gave up their rental as they werent sure how long they were going to be back in the UK. Have been looking at the Discovery Caravan Park in Semaphore, looks ok, anyone know anyone that may have used it ? we are going to be out every day so really just needs to be somewhere we have breakfast and put our heads down of a night. x

Guest waowen
nice thought but thy gave up their rental as they werent sure how long they were going to be back in the UK. Have been looking at the Discovery Caravan Park in Semaphore, looks ok, anyone know anyone that may have used it ? we are going to be out every day so really just needs to be somewhere we have breakfast and put our heads down of a night. x

Hi! again, try www.takeabreak.com.au, we booked through here. We are staying in a 4 bed, 2 bath house called 'Doon the Lane', its in Goolwa on the Fleurieu Peninsula, about an hour from Adelaide. Don't know if you are doing car hire, otherwise may be too far out. It looks really nice and has all the facilities (inc. washing machine). Have just checked on your dates and its available from 12th March until the end. Its' $770 per week (approx £450), we actually found this to be one of the cheapest we came across as some of them are ridiculous prices, and for over Easter was'nt too bad. We were cheeky too and asked for some off the price, which they did do. You do have to hire sheets separately and towels which is costing an extra $71 for the 3 wks. The location sounds nice too, right on the river and a short stroll into the town. We are like you too, usually out from dawn till dusk, especially on this trip as we have a lot to cram into the three weeks. Cannot advise you on the caravan park you are looking at, I did have a brief look at these but shocked at the prices again as some of them were as dear as the houses etc. Anyway, best of luck hope you find something suitable.

Elaine (Bill, Rebecca 13, Alex 12, Ben 7)

Guest Guest75
Hi! again, try www.takeabreak.com.au, we booked through here. We are staying in a 4 bed, 2 bath house called 'Doon the Lane', its in Goolwa on the Fleurieu Peninsula, about an hour from Adelaide. Don't know if you are doing car hire, otherwise may be too far out. It looks really nice and has all the facilities (inc. washing machine). Have just checked on your dates and its available from 12th March until the end. Its' $770 per week (approx £450), we actually found this to be one of the cheapest we came across as some of them are ridiculous prices, and for over Easter was'nt too bad. We were cheeky too and asked for some off the price, which they did do. You do have to hire sheets separately and towels which is costing an extra $71 for the 3 wks. The location sounds nice too, right on the river and a short stroll into the town. We are like you too, usually out from dawn till dusk, especially on this trip as we have a lot to cram into the three weeks. Cannot advise you on the caravan park you are looking at, I did have a brief look at these but shocked at the prices again as some of them were as dear as the houses etc. Anyway, best of luck hope you find something suitable.

Elaine (Bill, Rebecca 13, Alex 12, Ben 7)

I'll take my mod's hat off here.

I'd say that $770 per week + linen is expensive against the furnished rentals nearer to central Adelaide??:skeptical:

I'll apologise is proven wrong publicly :notworthy::notworthy:

Guest waowen
I'll take my mod's hat off here.

I'd say that $770 per week + linen is expensive against the furnished rentals nearer to central Adelaide??:skeptical:

I'll apologise is proven wrong publicly :notworthy::notworthy:

Hi! Tyke,

Totally agree with you there, well expensive!! We could not believe how expensive the rentals were when we started searching. We looked a lot closer to Adelaide and the 4 bedded properties with more than 1 bath were well out of our price range, especially over the Easter period. We don't mind being a but further out as it gives us a good chance to explore the coastline. It does seem a bit odd having to pay for linen as an extra, but for 3 double beds and 1 single plus towels $71 did'nt seem too excessive for the whole stay. I've just checked out the Discovery Caravan Park too that the lady was looking at and for her dates for a 5 berth standard cabin, guess how much??? $108 per night!!! $642 for the week, a bit of a saving but I think I would rather have the house for the bit extra. It will be interesting to see the feedback from other people with different experiences, thanks for your input. Take care.

Elaine

Guest suttons

thanks for looking Elaine, will get my OH to have a look when he gets home, and yes we will have car hire, but seeing as we only have the week we would like to be a bit nearer to central adelaide so it might be a bit far, only need one bathroom, we were looking at the next cabin up which worked out to be $800 for the week, more than we would have liked to pay, but unfortunately Tyke there doesnt seem to be alot of rentals available now, (unless you want to be Inland) i appreciate it is short notice, but will keep looking.

thanksfor everyones help. x

Guest waowen
thanks for looking Elaine, will get my OH to have a look when he gets home, and yes we will have car hire, but seeing as we only have the week we would like to be a bit nearer to central adelaide so it might be a bit far, only need one bathroom, we were looking at the next cabin up which worked out to be $800 for the week, more than we would have liked to pay, but unfortunately Tyke there doesnt seem to be alot of rentals available now, (unless you want to be Inland) i appreciate it is short notice, but will keep looking.

thanksfor everyones help. x

Let us know if you are successful!!! Happy hunting!!

Guest brianlynnette
We are coming to Adelaide on Wed 24th March for a 7 nights holiday to validate our visas, we have yet to find somewhere to stay. We are a family of 2 adults, 2 children and a small toddler, we would appreciate any recommendations for apartments/holiday lets etc and rates. It doesnt have to be plush, just clean, comfortable child friendly and not too remote.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Shona xxxx

Shona (36), Ian (35), Elisha (11), Mitchell (8) and Ty (2)

hi just wondering do you have to validate your visas cos there due to run out, cos i think we may have to do this if our house doesnt sell within the yr, but it will only be my o.h that has to come over as were coming over on a spouse visa, hope its just him anyway otherwise itll cost a fortune as like yourselves good luck:v_SPIN:

Guest suttons

No, we have only just got the visas, but booked and paid for flights as we were hoping to stay with family, but due to unforseen cirumstances they had to return to the UK for a while, but all five of us have to step on to australian soil to validate all of our visas.

Guest suttons

Hey everyone,

well we have found somewhere to stay and although it is a little expensive it is very central and has a pool, which made the kids smile, thanks to everyone who offered advice, we have kept all the contacts for when we come out to live, but for now.....we are going to enjoy the holiday, so if anyone is up for a cuppa in 2 weeks time and for a good chat about how hard/easy it is to make the move, and can offer any advice etc, we would love to meet some new friends. We are staying in GLenelg bt we do have a car to get around. Feel free to PM me.

Shona x

Shona (36) Ian (35) Elisha (12) Mitchell (8) and Ty (2)

hi just wondering do you have to validate your visas cos there due to run out, cos i think we may have to do this if our house doesnt sell within the yr, but it will only be my o.h that has to come over as were coming over on a spouse visa, hope its just him anyway otherwise itll cost a fortune as like yourselves good luck:v_SPIN:

Hi Guys

As far as i'm aware if all of you have a visa in your passport then they will all need to be validated. All by the date stated on your visa. So it may be the case that you all need to go.:skeptical:

Have a good reccie the suttons. We are going on ours in Aug

Jim

Guest lize smit

Hi go look on the web under ROO RENTALS. fully furnished accommodation in adelaide . we used them and service was exellant. adelaide is small and all their houses is easily accessable

Good luck

LIZ