Rachiegarlo

Short weekend breaks.

Ok after reading a post wher a brief comment was made on how much this family missed their mini weekend breaks to Scotland, Ireland etc, it made me think that a lot of people probably don't know how much of SA is easily accessible for a weekend break. After all the Vic border is only a 4ish hour drive away.

So please post where you've been for a mini break here. Cut and paste this format.

Place

Approximate travel time by car

Where you stayed

How much did it cost

Things to do in the area

What you liked about it.

There is so much here in SA within 4 hours drive, after all the locals will drive further sometimes to get to their shacks for the weekend. There is also a booklet called SA shorts published by the SAtravel commission annually I think detailing campsites, cabins B&Bs etc that do deals for short breaks. Your travel agent may have one.

Guest Kazzarazza

Great idea Rachiegarlo. I read that post this morning and thought exactly the same as you. There are so many places to get away for a weekend and I 'm looking forward to reading the replies.

Kazza

Rode to the Yorke Peninsula one morning. Spent all day cruising around and spent the night at wallaroo motel, had a great seafood meal with a view of the ocean too.:jiggy:

Took a week off and went south to Mount Gambier, spent the night there, then on to the Great Ocean Road and up to Ballarat. Spent 3 nights in the Victorian Goldfields and then rode back home via Stawell. :D Great trip.

Lots of day trips to the Barossa for lunch and wine tastings.