jo_marnes

Wood burning stove/ heater

Hi all,

Anyone know how much these cost? Or if you were to buy one second hand, who would install it and a rough idea of cost?

Thanks v much!

Jo

We paid about $3000 installed, including hearth, for the largest size of these last year. The better ones have more than one inner lining, which makes a difference, so go and suss them out well before you decide to buy.

Hi there we paid the same about $3000 worth every penny. Can recommend Knights Heating and Cooling - Victor Harbour Road at Seaford. In winter our house feels not disimilar temperature wise to our house in the UK that had central heating. We have a fan on our wood burner that pushes the heat around the house. We have had ours lit today. Do take some advice as you need to get one that's appropriate for the area you want to heat or you'll be too hot or too cold. I was sceptical but my husband insisted and I'm so glad he did. We didn't need a hearth as ours is on a tiled floor.

Guest kangomik

:GEEK: it's cheaper on ebay with 9 days to go:GEEK:

Let me know if your bidding on it though:cute:

Guest Reenz

Can't help you on costings, but I can recommend a really good make (and made here in SA):Nectre Wood Heaters.

I have the Nectre 15, and it's a good little unit, if a bit basic, but it certainly does the job. I have a water jacket fitted to it, which is interconnected with the solar hot water service, so it acts as a heat booster during cold days when the sun isn't strong enough to keep the water hot. Great idea!

Friends of mine bought the freestanding one shown here. With the built-in fan it's super effective, and the whole unit looks quite decorative. They're very happy with it.

If you can wait till the end of winter, the prices do come down a bit!