Guest spark_luke

workcover card

Guest spark_luke

hi guys just a question for the electricians on here, i've just heard about something called a workcover white card for aussie building sites. i'm assuming this is similar to a the uk's ECS card? just wandering how easy it is to get this? and is it pretty essential to have this to work? thanks :huh:

Guest the4hopes

You just have a one day course on work safety etc and then you get it, not sure what it costs because my husbands employers sorted it out for him.

hi guys just a question for the electricians on here, i've just heard about something called a workcover white card for aussie building sites. i'm assuming this is similar to a the uk's ECS card? just wandering how easy it is to get this? and is it pretty essential to have this to work? thanks :huh:

Not anything to do with Workcover its supposed to be a construction industry induction. Basically all you do is sit for 6 hours listening to a guy talk then if u have stayed awake u end up with a white card. Its changed to a white card with is nationally recognised from a Green card (in SA) In principal a good idea but reality is its just another way of getting money out of you or company.

Take a look at Master Builders Assoc web site for information and costs

Guest spark_luke

lol, cheers guys. wel ive found a company in the uk where you can take the course for about £200, im hoping to head out to aus on a working holiday visa, so would u guys recommend getin this before leaving? thanks:v_SPIN:

lol, cheers guys. wel ive found a company in the uk where you can take the course for about £200, im hoping to head out to aus on a working holiday visa, so would u guys recommend getin this before leaving? thanks:v_SPIN:

I would get when here. Dont know what the one is you say you can get there but some firms may not accept the card if its one done on line.

Guest spark_luke

yeh thts what i was thinking, i have my ecs card but obviusly i know its meaningless in aus. im looking to go over about august time probs. just literaly canot wait til then, so trying get everything sorted as early as poss. u alredy in aus then mate? sweet camper btw