Sign in to follow this  
Guest chillyanna

take aways

Guest chillyanna

Hi all

i would really like to ask if there are good take aways in adelaide, ones like the indian curry houses and chinese take aways here in england. i would go crazy without a good curry in adelaide:wacko:. If not indian or chinese what other take aways are there?

cheers

paul

Hi all

i would really like to ask if there are good take aways in adelaide, ones like the indian curry houses and chinese take aways here in england. i would go crazy without a good curry in adelaide:wacko:. If not indian or chinese what other take aways are there?

cheers

paul

Not sure about take aways, im sure there are loads. But for indian/chinese and every other type of food just take a walk down Gouger Street and your spoilt for choice

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Plenty of take aways, what you will find is that the Indian and Chinese are Asian style,(not British style) so things will taste different, saying that there is one Indian on Goodwood road that is run by Brits and does taste like a British curry.

I tend to cook my own and and will put my onion bhajis up against anybodys,

Guzzler

Guest chillyanna

thats good to know that i will still be able to find some nice spicey food over in adelaide.

when i am due to fly over i will let you know guzzler so you can make a batch of onion bhajis :D for my arrival!

thanks for the replies, it puts my mind at rest now!

Guest Guest75
    Hi,

Plenty of take aways, what you will find is that the Indian and Chinese are Asian style,(not British style) so things will taste different, saying that there is one Indian on Goodwood road that is run by Brits and does taste like a British curry.

Guzzler

I'll call and go two of Mrs Tyke's Samosas - brilliant they are ;)

Hi all

cheers

paul

There is a big Asian influence here but mainly the chinese /thai style.It does taste different,some say it's because MSG is barred her.

Not as much in the Indian dept - start learning to cook it!!!!!!!!!:wacko::wacko:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    :biglaugh:

I'll call and go two of Mrs Tyke's Samosas - brilliant they are ;)

I'll raise you a chicken biryaini and keema nan, the toast i'm having for breakfast at the moment :dull:is not quite doing it anymore.

Guzzler

Guest Guest75
    I'll raise you a chicken biryaini and keema nan, the toast i'm having for breakfast at the moment :dull:is not quite doing it anymore.

Guzzler

:biglaugh:

Got me there - love to be able to make my own Naans :biglaugh:

Guest Roo1

Guzzler

I can second that!!!!! You should go into business Guzzler, you'd make a fortune!

J x

Guest dglamoore

Guzzler

I feel a taste test coming on - I can cook a mean Thai green curry if you fancy a swap :D and my Vietnamese lemon Chicken ain't bad either ;)

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest ali@51

I have an exelent recipie for pork jalfrazi .Tastes just like from the take away but low fat!!!!(weight watchers) Must try out some of the other ones before we come. Cant do onion bhajees though. We will have to set up a swap recipices section;)

Guest Perth Pom

Yes please

Onion Bhaiji recipe would b much appreciated. I cook them, but there is something missing from my recipe.

I use:

Onions (obviously)

Gram flour

Turmeric

Cumin

Salt and Pepper

Garam Masala

They are tasty, but still not quite right. What am I missing?? Please tell me:notworthy:

Guest chillyanna

i thought i would post a recipe for onion bhajias from my indian cook book for you to compare with your own recipes ;)

225g/8oz/2cups of gram flour

2.5ml or 1/2 tsp chilli powder

5ml or 1tsp ground turmeric

5ml or 1tsp baking powder

1.5ml or 1/4 tsp asafoetida salt to taste

2.5ml or 1/2 tsp of each, nigella, fennel, cumin, onion seeds coursely crushed

2 large onions finely chopped

50g/ 2oz / 2 cups of fresh chopped coriander

water to mix ingredients

note: this was copied right from the book so if you dont agree with something please dont blame me ok:) im just the messenger.

can anybody something extra to make them better?

Guest Guzzler&Sas

I am sworn to secrecy (spelling?) by Guzzler - if I tell, he will never make them again for me or anyone else! But all this talk of them, he has taken it upon himself to get some done for this weekend - yummmmmm ...... :P

Sas

xx