Hello........

Guest Paul The Planner

Guest Paul The Planner

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and introduce myself.

Currently living in the Medway towns (kent) and am marrried with 2 children (aged 12 & 14). Have joined this forum because I would like to know what is involved in emigrating to Australia (I have family in Adelaide). Have done the score test and if I've done it correctly I score 125 points, which is enough. But am now not sure what I have to do........ Also would like to ask if it is feasable to get a job in Adelaide before actually going out there?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Paul The Planner

Hi Paul

With 125 points I think you should be able to go over on a perminant resedecy visa. I'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong. It might be worth having a chat with an agent. Many like ours (www.gomatilda.co.uk) will offer a free chat with you to discus possible options befor hand. If you go with an agent (we have) they will fill most of the forms in for you and just ask you to provide the info as they need it. You can go it alone from what we have gathered it just involves a lot of form filling particulaly if you have to do a TRA, A lot of people on here have said that is worse than the visa itsefe. We were lucky and dint have to do that. Good luck

Guest Paul The Planner

Cheers Ali, will look into the agent thing. What I forgot to add was that the 125 points is made up with my Aunt acting as a sponsor, does that help or not ?

Sorry for the questions.....

Paul

Sorry Paul not up on how the sponsership works as its not the rout we are going, but their are quite a few people on here going down that rout and i'm sure they will be able to help. I'm still fairly sure 125 points is enough though.

Guest graandjac

;)Hi Paul, welcome to PIA you will find loads or advice on this great site, i guess there are two ways to get to oz solo or with an agent, there seems to be pros and cons with both, i guess an agent is the safer way (if you have a good one) as they wont let any forms go off unless all the imformation is correct , but the down side is its costs anything from£1500-£3500 we took this route as in the big picture it was a small price to pay,only our opinon. Good luck Cheers Graham

Hi Paul, welcome to PIA, like the comments have said the best way is to get an agent that takes a lot of the headaches away from you when filling out forms, plenty to go to and you will find on here loads that people have used and recommended.

Best of luck with everything and im sure hat if you have any questions there is always a bright spark on here with the answer

Hi Paul,

im not sure about all the visas as they have just changed but a free chat with an agent seems a good idea, if you needed more points you could always take the ielts English test, where abouts in Medway im in Strood myself, you dont by chance work for BAE do you.

good luck with your reserch im sure you will find lots of info here.

Simon

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I would suggest one of those free chats with an agent. We used migration solutions they advertise at the top of most pages on here. We only paid £450 for our TRA application the n the same again for the visa application. There are other fees to pay of course, but you will need to pay those anyway even with no agent. I thought the £900 was well spent, as we had a tricky TRA. Also with a good agent you know exactly where you are, It took a lot of the worry and stress out of it for us.

sarah

Guest dglamoore

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum. Like others have said it would be worth yu having one of the free chats with an agent. They will advise you the best visa to go for. We also used Go Matilda and they were definitely worth the fee so for taking most of the hassle away and that bit of peace of mind :wacko:

Good luck with your decisions and just shout any questions you have. Everyone on here is very friendly and a mixture of just starting, just moved or been here a while :jiggy:

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Hello Paul and family!!

Welcome to PIA!! To answer your questions about getting a job before you get out here, can I ask, what line of work are you in?

My husband was able to secure a job before he got to Adelaide but had to go through about 5 conference video interviews. He also circulated his C.V around lots of agencies too which put him on the right path.

Good luck

Judi x

Guest Paul The Planner

Everyone,

Thanks for the kind welcome and the great advice, I think a chat with an agent sounds like my best option at the moment.

Roo1,

To answer your question I am a production planner for a paper mill but have fast experience in production planning / management over several different manufacturing processes. Can you remember what agencies he sent his CV to ?

Soggy,

I live in Lordswood in Chatham and no I don't work for BAE. I work at the paper mill in Aylesford.