Sign in to follow this  
Guest Squeezle

What to do if your over to Validate a Visa?

Guest Squeezle

Hi Everyone,

We have decided to fly over and validate our visa in May/June, as we will not be able to sell up etc in time for our August deadline due to commitments.

Can any one tell us what type of things we should be trying to sort out on our visit?

When we eventually get over we will be staying with my Mum to start with so no accomodation worries, but what else will be of value to get done whilst we are over?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Pauline and Neil

Guest BAZnDAF

If you only validating then there isn't a great deal you can do thats important.

Just have a good look around at different areas that you would like to live maybe, sometimes seeing places will give you a different perspective.

look at the local papers for jobs so you have a good idea of the jobs available and the salaries, but this can be done online to a point anyway.

Most important would be Have fun :D

Guest thekings

Hi Neil & Pauline,

All being well we too hope to be in Adelaide at this time, if our dates coincide we'll meet up for a drink :);)

Guest nishman

You could sort out a bank account and probably a TFN I think (you'll have your parents address to use)

If you've not been over before (as your mum's here you might have), it's an ideal opportunity to have a lok around where you like to set up camp first.

You could try to get to speak to prospective employers (maybe through an agency) - I had 4 lined up before I landed, and had 2 offers to choose from before I flew back!

Other than that, I guess you've just got to try and treat it as a holiday and maybe do some sights. It'll be 4yrs in May/June since we validated. I think we were lucky with the weather that year. Since then it's been wet at that time, so remember to rug up and bring your raincoat. You will find yourself walking around in shorts though and comment on all the locals in their fleeces. Memories :)

Good luck

Guest Squeezle

That would be lovely, we will swap numbers before you go!