Diane

Rugby 7s this weekend

If you've not been before, this is a great day out. International level so the creme de la creme, both in terms of skills and of course (for us girls :wideeyed::wideeyed:) some top class legs, shoulders and bums to ogle!!

Great atmosphere in the crowd as well with the Kenyans and Fijian supporters particularly dancing, singing, playing music.... Oh, and last year the English beat the Ozzies in one of the finals - priceless!!

You don't need to understand the rules in any great way to enjoy the day - basically it all revolves around the number 7! 7 in a team, 7 minute halves in the games, fast and furious and a lot more of a running game than 'normal' rugby!

Adelaide Sevens

Guest RazandKaz

I agree, this will be excellent. We would love to be there, but we don't arrive for our reccie until next weekend! You have no idea how much grief I have had from my OH for not planning our trip to coincide with the 7s.

Perhaps we'll have made the permanent move to Adelaide in time for next year's tournament!

Have fun.

Guest Bodie

Trust me a couple of good days out. Will be there tomorrow. Good luck with your move.

Guest Messua

We look forward to the 7's every year. Can't wait til tomorrow!

Great day again this year - shame the aussies didn't make it into any of the finals, but good to see the Samoans take out the top prize after beating both Australia and New Zealand. And great atmosphere from the Kenyans as every year (even though the English won on the field, the Kenyans won in the stands I reckon!)

Highlight for me this year was the Niue (sp?) team doing the hakka (sp?) in front of us, then taking their shirts off and doing it again a bit further round the field - mmmmmmmmm.....!!!

Guest Lulujim

My OH went and said it was a fantastic day out - very cheap tickets too and beautiful weather. Great audience participation with dressing up etc... another great reason to live in Adelaide :jiggy:

If you've not been before, this is a great day out. International level so the creme de la creme, both in terms of skills and of course (for us girls :wideeyed::wideeyed:) some top class legs, shoulders and bums to ogle!!

Great atmosphere in the crowd as well with the Kenyans and Fijian supporters particularly dancing, singing, playing music.... Oh, and last year the English beat the Ozzies in one of the finals - priceless!!

You don't need to understand the rules in any great way to enjoy the day - basically it all revolves around the number 7! 7 in a team, 7 minute halves in the games, fast and furious and a lot more of a running game than 'normal' rugby!

Adelaide Sevens

Ahem ahem...how did England do against the Aussies in this yeras 7s:biglaugh::biglaugh:

HG

Ahem ahem...how did England do against the Aussies in this yeras 7s:biglaugh::biglaugh:

HG

They only played them in the group stages, but then England got a trophy at the end and Australia didn't, so I reckon the loss was a tactical one (to avoid England having to pay in-form Samoa!)