phil&Sue

Meat industry jobs?

Hi, we are arriving middle May, on a 176 visa. 25 years experience in the meat industry. Does anyone know of any good places to job hunt/work available to suit my experience? Thanks v much.

Guest MarkIngram

Not really sure where you can look, but maybe contacting companies direct would be best. I know there's been a lot of debate about this over here recently with Aussies being upset at laid off in the meat industry in favour for bringing in immigrants who are cheaper...I think it was on the channel 7 news a week or two back...worth seeing if you can find the story online.

Hi Mark. Thanks v much for the reply. Will try and find article. Any info. is handy. How long have you been over in Adelaide for?

Guest Guest5035

As in Abatoir worker??? Theres a slaughter place in Lobethal, and one at Gepps Cross. Then theres Inghams chickens at Bolivar.

Stevo

Guest kangomik

Lobethal is probably the biggest, it has a few other places. The actual company is under a different name, which i won't get till i go to work on Monday, but a web search should get you on the right track.

I think it's Austral meat or something have a place in Strathablyn (SP) too

Inghams have a few places dotted around now

Adelaide poultry is now part of Biada or biarda, one of the two.

All should be easy to get to, Lobethal is in the sticks, but is a cracking drive, though i may not want to chance the roo's every morning

Guest Guest5035
    though i may not want to chance the roo's every morning

Put them in the boot and take them to work!!:arghh:

Stevo

Hi i am a butcher by trade but i mainly beef bone for whole sale ,also have experience in all aspect of the trade as i have worked in an abattoir for 17 years (slaughtering ,grading, check weighman)

cheers Phil