Air Asia

Diane

Guest Donna&Sean&Sam

Hi Diane,

My husband flew with Air Aisa Standsted- Kuala Lumpa - Peth - Adelaide route

Cheap deal but he would never fly with them again. Plane from Standsted - Kuala Lumpa looked really old, you had to pay for all drinks even water! no inflight entertainment etc. The next plane from Perth to Adelaide was a bit better there was a monitor and you could pay for films etc, and the plane was newer, service still bad. Lucky for Sean it was only a one way ticket!!!! I flew a few weeks later with Malasian Airways and they were brilliant, they were a bit more expensive but I still got a good deal.

hope the advice helps

Donna, Sean and Sam

We looked at Air Asia for coming out here as we used to live very close to Stansted, but decided it would be OK if you were travelling on your own, and could put up with cheap and cheerful, but not with kids in tow. My husband also works with a guy here who flew to England on them and he had a really long wait at Kuala Lumpur airport and arrived at Stansted past midnight. The last train for London had left so they had to wait for a coach and got to Victoria coach station in the early hours of the morning - not ideal after a long flight, maybe they would have been better off checking into one of the hotels at Stansted airport for the night. The planes do fly at funny times - one plane leaves Stansted at something like 1 am (so much for the curfew) so not very convenient.

Guest MrsHills

If your parents are used to business class, they should try Asiana, my parents have just been over with them and they couldnt speak highly enough of them, they have previously been with China Air and Singapore business class and Virgin Prem Econ and think that Asiana are the best so far, although they did have to get a connecting flights from Sydney to Adelaide. The cost was 4k UK for the both of them!