Guest Guest75

2 very useful sites.......

Guest Guest75

I'm in regular contact with Glenn Hickling, the Economic Development Officer for Onkaparinga Council.

He has just emailed me two very informative local sites regarding employment.

I'm sure they will be of use:)

I quote.......

Greetings Russell,

I was just cruising the various 'Brit / Pom' sites and remembered I was going to ask you to link from Auseelife to two of our informative sites:

www.southernadelaide.com.au has heaps of economic statistics and workforce info about opportunities in Southern Adelaide (useful for skilled and business migrants).

www.saworks.sa.gov.au has free training and employment programs (state wide) which new migrant / refugee arrivals (note the whole family aged 17+) are eligible for (eg we are currently assisting a few local mums to do Aged Care courses).

I have joined some of the forums and refer to our local programs where individual questions arise in Southern Adelaide.

Of particular interest to new residents so far has been our Southern Adelaide Career Development Service which helps local job seekers with career planning, job searching, job applicant cover letters, resumes / CV's, interview practice and techniques etc (direct contact for this free service is Janis Turner here at Council 8384 0647 who handles all the referrals).

Regards

GLENN HICKLING

Economic Development Officer

(Business and Workforce Growth)

City of Onkaparinga

Ph 8384 0502 or 0414 374 756

www.onkaparingacity.com

SouthernAdelaide

knowledge-innovation-environment

Guest Roo1

Excellent sites Tyke, very useful for the newbies arriving here!:D:D