RE-training as a nurse

Guest mayjess

Guest mayjess

My friend is a qualified counsellor living in Malta, she is married under 40 with 2 kids, she is desparate to live in Adelaide, she has been offered work in Malta as a HCA and is going to ask if they would train her up to a nurse, how could she persue her dream to apply for a visa,, any step by step instructions from anyone please.........

Thank you very much

Mayjess

Guest thekings

Could be worth looking at getting trained in Adelaide, if you train anywhere else I think you need 2 years post reg experience before being eligible for a visa. But I have read on here somewhere that someone got an offer to be trained as a nurse in Adelaide IIRC.

sorry but it really cheeses me off that peole only enter professions to just get a visa, nursing is an art and the profession should be treated with respect not a quick fix to get a visa .

Incidently i doubt training in malta would be up to Austalian standards its takes 3 years to become a registered nurse to get pr you need more than 2 years in the profession unless you get sponsored.

Guest mayjess
sorry but it really cheeses me off that peole only enter professions to just get a visa, nursing is an art and the profession should be treated with respect not a quick fix to get a visa .

Incidently i doubt training in malta would be up to Austalian standards its takes 3 years to become a registered nurse to get pr you need more than 2 years in the profession unless you get sponsored.

She wants to be a nurse as her profession !!!!!

Now GIRLS!!

Claire,

i wholheartedly agree, this is an art and a profession, we should take a bit more gaurdianship of the role. However, with all due respect............NHS training is still superlative to (most) other countries!

Mayjess,

seriously, tell your mate she has a snowballs chance of getting an employer to PAY FOR TRAINING!

The cost is about $18k; the drop out rate for the 1st year is 60%, and i doubt anyone would shell out to train someone in this arena whilst they work for someone else..............and getting so very little back for the time it takes.

If she wants to train here, expect to pay for herself, not to expect any HECS help, and still have debts when she graduates.......... tough but thats the reality.

Jane

Guest mayjess
Now GIRLS!!

Claire,

i wholheartedly agree, this is an art and a profession, we should take a bit more gaurdianship of the role. However, with all due respect............NHS training is still superlative to (most) other countries!

Mayjess,

seriously, tell your mate she has a snowballs chance of getting an employer to PAY FOR TRAINING!

The cost is about $18k; the drop out rate for the 1st year is 60%, and i doubt anyone would shell out to train someone in this arena whilst they work for someone else..............and getting so very little back for the time it takes.

If she wants to train here, expect to pay for herself, not to expect any HECS help, and still have debts when she graduates.......... tough but thats the reality.

Jane

Firstly thankyou to those of you have offered advice,, to those of you who have tried to slate her,, keep your opinions to yourself please, she is in a caring profession already, she wants to be a nurse, she doesnt want it to be paid for and she knows how long it takes to train, all she is after is the procedure to the visas after training as a nurse,, thanks.

Firstly thankyou to those of you have offered advice,, to those of you who have tried to slate her,, keep your opinions to yourself please, she is in a caring profession already, she wants to be a nurse, she doesnt want it to be paid for and she knows how long it takes to train, all she is after is the procedure to the visas after training as a nurse,, thanks.

i wasnt actually trying to slate her re-read your post you made it sound like she only wanted to train as a nurse to get a visa as shes desperate to get here.

Guest mayjess
i wasnt actually trying to slate her re-read your post you made it sound like she only wanted to train as a nurse to get a visa as shes desperate to get here.

Hi Clare,, people just dont ask 1st, this is a public forum and instead of asking me 1st what her intentions were, you assumed!!!! I have re-read my post and it basically didnt jump out at me that this woman was trying to get a visa by becoming a nurse! we will agree to dis-agree eh?

Mayjess

OK, that's the finish point.

Mayjess, Claire has a right to feel somewhat upset at the implication that your mate might just, and im not saying she is, want the qualification to get the visa.

Claire, maybe the post could be mis-read!?

Either way, the fact remains, the girl wants to be a nurse...........................

her options are limited to training befor arrival, or after.......both incur costs.

The pre arrival training will be 3 years, plus 2 years.................so she will be a pushing the age limit.

The post training will mean lots of hard work, big dosh, and no salary...............

soap box has been put away under the stairs.

I thank you

J

Guest mayjess

Us scousers love a good fight eh? lol anyway, its one of her options, she is going to do some research about it all, either way she will do her nursing because she wants to. Thanks for al the replies they were helpful.

Mayjess