Migration support advice

Guest mandiw76

Guest mandiw76

Hello everyone!

I'm a nurse in the UK just starting the proceedings for migration to Adelaide with the skilled visa 175 permanent residency.

There are several agencies/companies offering help with this process including,

Australian Visa Bureau,

Geneva Health,

IPA,

Visa First and many more.

Has anyone used any of the above?

If so what are your thoughts and opinions?

Any tips from anyone who has/doing the process independently will also be grateful

Cheers Mandi :unsure:

Hi Mandi (again lol!)

I am in contact with Geneva Health and they ring me regularly re: migration and what needs to be done when and where etc. However, i have informed them that i will be doing the whole process independently as i don't want to go by temporary visas or get fixed to an employer for 2 years. We are hoping to go on a 175 visa (just awaiting the visa changes in July to see if this is possible) if not we are hopping to go on a 176. As we can't migrate until Sept 2011 we are happy to hold off things until the July changes.

If you need any more info, just ask!

Bev

i did the skills assessment part myself then used go matilda for the visa bit they were excellent. You dont need to use a nurse agency as such as there are tons of jobs here for nurses and as you said you could get tied into a contract which you dont want as if you dont like it there can be implications if you leave.

Guest northernstar200

Hi there. Our situation was similar you yours, i am a nurse and didn't know weather to use an agent or not. People told me if you have any unusal family setup or perhaps things which may need solicitors or legal documents that perhaps the agency may seem like the better option.

We decided to do it ourselves. I am proud to say i did every step of the via process myself. And i am sat here on a sunny day, on my day off in Adelaide, so my point is if i can do it anyone can.

And i saved the cost of using an agent, which is one thing i am glad about as the money goes so quick once you are here.

I did use an agent to get a job though, but i didnt pay a penny for the service, i used geneva, and they were very helpful and kept in regular contact.

My advice (only my opinion) in hindsight let me just add, is to work in a public hospital rather than private, as hours seems to better, patient ratio is better and pay seems better.

Guest EHumphreys

Hi Mandi,

My name's Einir and my family and I emigrated permanently here to Adelaide in 2008 and we now run a relocations business called 'Down Under Relocations' for people coming here from overseas. Feel free to have a look at our website, you may find the services we provide useful.

Good luck, Einir