sueoc

Lunatic driving

Have you witnessed this since arriving here?Could not believe my eyes yesterday!A Commodore with big trailer overtook me as i was turning right at the lights at mega speed,the trailer lurching all over the place,then the idiot starts bullying everyone out of the way,tailgating and blasting his horn!This was extreme i admit,but i have seen loads of pisse poor driving here,have you?:confused:

Luckily I haven't experienced too much lunatic driving yet but plenty of dozy driving. Especially in shopping centre car parks - they seem to be full of old people who don't look where they are going - I'm convinced that one day someone's going to drive into me. There are loads of old people around here who drive Gold coloured cars who seem to be half asleep. My theory is that maybe the driving test was really easy back in the 1950s and 1960s and these people really haven't a clue what they are doing!!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Yep, i see it everyday.

Kinda got used to it now so doesnt bother me any more, try driving a bus and see how many time you get cut up by compleate idiots but worst of all are the indersysive (scuse the spelling) drivers who cant make up there minds what the hell they are doing or drive below the speed limits

Guest Messua

I'm afraid to say that it's true. You truly take your life in your hands if you venture onto the roads here. I was rear-ended last year by a 4 wheel drive at a junction. The man was very apologetic but admitted he wasn't concentrating. We exchanged details, like you do, but the following morning his wife (who wasn't even there at the time) turned up on my doorstep playing merry hell!!!!!!!!! :realmad:

Guest guest4504
    I'm afraid to say that it's true. You truly take your life in your hands if you venture onto the roads here. I was rear-ended last year by a 4 wheel drive at a junction. The man was very apologetic but admitted he wasn't concentrating. We exchanged details, like you do, but the following morning his wife (who wasn't even there at the time) turned up on my doorstep playing merry hell!!!!!!!!! :realmad:

What was complaining about, hope you put her straight the Brit way.

Have you witnessed this since arriving here?Could not believe my eyes yesterday!A Commodore with big trailer overtook me as i was turning right at the lights at mega speed,the trailer lurching all over the place,then the idiot starts bullying everyone out of the way,tailgating and blasting his horn!This was extreme i admit,but i have seen loads of pisse poor driving here,have you?:confused:

Just like some of the language on this site.:sad:

Oh, i can top that one.........................

last christmas day, on our way to silver sands for a meet up, we was merrily driving south on....south road; we hit the brakes with inches to spare because a car was driving on north on the same stretch of road. Bloody scarey..................:shocked:

The french in paris drive better than most of this lot..............road rules need not apply.

Just like some of the language on this site.:sad:
    You must be easily offended if that word upsets you!!!:huh:

My experience has taught me that the majority of Commodore drivers are driven by inexperienced young drivers. I hate Commodore drivers.

Oh, i can top that one.........................

last christmas day, on our way to silver sands for a meet up, we was merrily driving south on....south road; we hit the brakes with inches to spare because a car was driving on north on the same stretch of road. Bloody scarey..................:shocked:

The french in paris drive better than most of this lot..............road rules need not apply.

You mean there are rules?:goofy:

OOOh, Ta Moosh,

been a long time since i was called young, and i drive a commodore v6........lol

Oops well I did say majority are driven by young inexperienced drivers and its those that I despise. No offense meant.

Lunatic driving - I see it most days! The state of driving here - and the apathy about it - is one of the worst things about here imho. :mad:

Jim

Lunatic driving - I see it most days! The state of driving here - and the apathy about it - is one of the worst things about here imho. :mad:

Jim

Couldn't agree more.It's something i have never experienced before,which makes it more of a shock!!!I did see some bad driving in Rome years ago,but as i was on Holiday and not part of it all,it was not an issue personally.Different kettle of fish when you are in the middle of mayhem every day,just trying to get from A to B without Maniacs weaving in and out at speed without even indicating.As you say,the apathy is even more amazing.:confused:

No offence taken Moosh................

i know what you mean tho', some of these youngsters are maniacs.............

but the elderly are just as blooming bad imo.

Tommo,

there ARE rules...............just not ones we can follow!!!!!

Guest shed end col

The standard of driving here is a joke, no thought for other road users.I put it down to the Mad Max films,there all Road Warriors ,lol

Guest Guest5035

I met with a richard head this morning at 4am dressed as a Taxi driver, cutting a long story short i reported him to the cops and the Passenger Board. Hopefully he'll be deported on the next boat back.

Stevo

Tommo,

there ARE rules...............just not ones we can follow!!!!!

LOL. I'll just have to do the same as everyone else....make it up as I go along!!:biglaugh: