In hospital having a baby - what did you do with your other child?

JoeyD

Guest dempseys

hi there,

i was in the same boat as you, i had my little girl 5wks ago and one of my main concerns was someone looking after my 3yr old boy, lucky for us we,ve got a great friend here who volunteered to look after him anytime (she even offered to take me to flinders if my oh was in work bless her!!) as it turned out my mum flew out her as she wanted to be here for the birth and to help me out. which hospital are you going to cos i know in flinders they,ve got a creche type place you can leave your kids in? also i thought about putting him into occasional care but it depends what time you go into labour as they,re open from 9-6pm, hopefully you have a speedy labour like me,got to flinders at 3.30pm and had baby at 5.20pm and then was at home by 10pm that same night!! but it is a tough one if you havn,t got the support from family or friends here.

good luck

macky x

It may seem like a bizarre question but I'm due to have a baby in 8 weeks and we still have no plan what to do with our 3 year old boy. Has anyone else been in this situation and if so what did you do?

Not sure where you live but any friends you can call upon is the best idea. If I can help just let me know.