Guest Lynette

School reccomendations in adelaide???

Guest Lynette

Hi everyone...

My family and i are moving to adelaide in May and was wondering which community schools are the best? so we can make sure we move into the right catchment area? I have read bad things about certain areas and don't want my little ones in rough schools.... help!!! I have a 5 year old and a two year old, and help or advice would be great thanks guys :o)

Very few primary schools enforce their zoning, only doing so if the school is near capacity. I would research an area you would like to live in. Once you find an area you want to live in ( therefore feel at home, comfortable etc) you will find the local schools are populated with people just like yourself although most schools have a resident ratbag or two. Usually at primary school level most areas will have a couple of choices, so it will be just a case of going to look round and choosing the one that fits best for you. There will likely be a couple of Catholic or Lutheran primary schools in the area as well and these are a cheapish alternative to the state system if you prefer them....plus there are private schools all over Adelaide.