Guest thekings

Luggage and Stopping over....

Guest thekings

If you do a stopover in Singapore or Hong Kong or wherever, do you have to look after your own baggage from the hold or will that stay at the airport on automatically go on your connecting flight. I.E. do I have to lug 8+bags around with me during a short stopover and recheck them in?? If so do you lose out on your extra allowance?

Thanks in advance

Guest wijaya

Hi there

If you are booked in a connecting flight untill your final destination, your bags are checked through, so you don't need to worry. You only have hand baggage to deal with while waiting for your next flight.

Regards

wijaya

It depends how long you stopover for, Singapore airlines told me:

'if your transit in Singapore is less than 24 hours, then your baggage will automatically be checked through to your final destination. If your stopover is more than 24 hours, then you will need to collect the baggage on arrival into Singapore and re-check it when check in begins for the onward flight.'

Cheers

Guest The Dimmocks

If you stop in Singapore there is a left luggage place on the basement floor, just take your luggage and pay the fee, wasnt much. We left all ours apart from two pieces which had all stuff in we needed whilst in Singapore. Lovely little man dealt with us, it took him a while to do it but got there in the end LOL. We paid for it to stay for exactly 24 hours, we could have had it checked in all the way to Adelaide but as we wanted 2 pieces of luggage (one was double pushchair) to come off plane we couldnt, they did try but we were told can only have one piece of luggage come off.

We didnt lose our baggage allowance but had been in contact with Singapore Airlines before about baggage allowance and the e-mail said they would let the relevant people know about just over 24 hour stop over.

Hope that makes sense.

Michelle