Gutted - No longer coming

Guest covfan71

Guest covfan71

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on here for a couple of months but just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped with their advice during our Visa application journey. Unfortunately we are no longer coming to Adelaide. We were 2 weeks away from our medicals last October when we received the dreaded e-mail about the 3 year delay. This turned our lives upside down as you'd imagine and we had to decide what to do with ourselves for the next 3 years. We had already moved out of our house and into rented accommodation and found tennants for our property. Our daughter is due to start school this Sept so we knew we had to get her application in by January or we wouldn't get the school we wanted. My wife had already given notice on her Job as she was supposed to go back to work in January after maternity leave but thought it was pointless as we were Planning to fly out in September 2010. Anyway, my wife is a keen dog lover and thought it would be a great tme now for her to take up her ambition of becoming a dog groomer. Long story short she has completed her course and spent 90% of our Oz money setting up he own Mobile Dog Grooming business.

Guess what happened next? 4 weeks ago we received another e-mail from immigration telling us that as we were so far down the line with our application they were now allowing us to proceed with our application and to get our medicals done asap. This threw a spanner right in the works and again completely gobsmacked us. Here we were planning our next 3 years in order to move to Adelaide in 2012 and now they are telling us we have 30 days to make up our minds. We had applied for a 475 visa which is only valid for 12 months from issue. I believe some visa are valid a lot longer which would have been ideal.

Anyway, considering all factors especially the collapse of the exchange rate we had no option but to withdraw our application. I am hoping that dog grooming becomes a Job in demand in the future so we can apply again soon. I unfortunatley will have passed the age of 40 so will lose 5 points which i cannot make up. What a mess.

Hopefully, hopefully we will get there in the end.

Have a good Easter and maybe i'll be talking to some of you again in a ouple of years.

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Mark (Covfan)

I am sorry to read of your decision, we too have been hit by the Septmeber decisions, and moved down to near the bottom of the list, expecting out move to be 2011 / 2012, husband has already turned 40 well he is 44 this year ... we are still sticking with it, but obviously our situations are different.

Should you decide to give it another go in the future, your lucky enough that your children are still very young, which is a good thing, my eldest is nearly 15, so two years down our line can make a whole lot of difference.

GOOD LUCK with all that your future brings

Tanya

Guest BAZnDAF

Good luck for the future, like you said, there is still a chance in a year or two. I turned 40 two weeks before we applied, so I just took the IELTS test to get the 5 points back.

Hope all goes well.

Guest moonraker1959

Thats a real shame,but on the flip side atleast your wife can fulfill her dream which I think will be a roaring success.Some things are just not meant to be,not at this time anyway.You might be able to move abit further down the line,and then the time will be right!All the best for the future and I hope it goes the way you want it to.xx

Guest joolz

Awww sorry to hear your news, you must feel really bad with all the ups and downs of it all.

I am a firm believer in destiny and what will be, will be... I'm sure that things will work out for you and your business and that out of every negative there is a positive.

Take care and very best wishes for your future...

Guest Guest75
So sorry to hear that covfan.....sods law really, keep your chin up and all the best for the future, you never know whats round the corner.

What he says..........

Good luck with the business:D

Hi everyone. I haven't posted on here for a couple of months but just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped with their advice during our Visa application journey. Unfortunately we are no longer coming to Adelaide. We were 2 weeks away from our medicals last October when we received the dreaded e-mail about the 3 year delay. This turned our lives upside down as you'd imagine and we had to decide what to do with ourselves for the next 3 years. We had already moved out of our house and into rented accommodation and found tennants for our property. Our daughter is due to start school this Sept so we knew we had to get her application in by January or we wouldn't get the school we wanted. My wife had already given notice on her Job as she was supposed to go back to work in January after maternity leave but thought it was pointless as we were Planning to fly out in September 2010. Anyway, my wife is a keen dog lover and thought it would be a great tme now for her to take up her ambition of becoming a dog groomer. Long story short she has completed her course and spent 90% of our Oz money setting up he own Mobile Dog Grooming business.

Guess what happened next? 4 weeks ago we received another e-mail from immigration telling us that as we were so far down the line with our application they were now allowing us to proceed with our application and to get our medicals done asap. This threw a spanner right in the works and again completely gobsmacked us. Here we were planning our next 3 years in order to move to Adelaide in 2012 and now they are telling us we have 30 days to make up our minds. We had applied for a 475 visa which is only valid for 12 months from issue. I believe some visa are valid a lot longer which would have been ideal.

Anyway, considering all factors especially the collapse of the exchange rate we had no option but to withdraw our application. I am hoping that dog grooming becomes a Job in demand in the future so we can apply again soon. I unfortunatley will have passed the age of 40 so will lose 5 points which i cannot make up. What a mess.

Have a good Easter and maybe i'll be talking to some of you again in a ouple of years.

So sorry to hear that mate,

Things are out there to test us mate and the way we deal with them is what shapes the person we become, i wish you all the very best in whatever happens.

Never write it off, if you want soemithing bad enough its wirth fighting for.

HG

Guest cazzie

Hi there Corfan,

Like everyone else, just want to say sorry to hear of your bad news. Amaing to think that can happen so unexpectedly.I hope the nextthree years go well for the business and that you can get back on track with your application.

Cazzie

PS Bill and I are from Corby!

Hi Covfan (my brother in law in Chelveston Drive is one of those too).

That's rotten luck. bear in mind that the exchange rate would have been rubbish anyway, so no change there.

How much do you still want to do it? Adelaide vs Corby - no contest.

Could you possibly ask for an extension in view of the late notice and circumstances, then try to sell the business? If you don't get the price you want, nothing lost.

It would surely be a successful business in Adelaide, where every man and his dog seems to have a dog!

• 1 year later...
Guest stevechristine

Hi,

we have arrived in Adelaide three weeks ago after many frustrating months. We too were caught up in September 2009 decision to delay foe three years. we had just completed medical and police records checks. we were on holiday in Greece in July 2010 and had a phone call to confirm we had our visas granted and that we had to go to Australia by Septembet 21st to activate them, which we did at a lot of cost.

Since we moved here to Aldinga Beach we have made quite a few friends and one of them told us that the Australian Government may be raising the age eligibility to 50. So I would not abandon all hope and keep in touch with your migration officer. Good luck!

Guest Paula H
Hi,

we have arrived in Adelaide three weeks ago after many frustrating months. We too were caught up in September 2009 decision to delay foe three years. we had just completed medical and police records checks. we were on holiday in Greece in July 2010 and had a phone call to confirm we had our visas granted and that we had to go to Australia by Septembet 21st to activate them, which we did at a lot of cost.

Since we moved here to Aldinga Beach we have made quite a few friends and one of them told us that the Australian Government may be raising the age eligibility to 50. So I would not abandon all hope and keep in touch with your migration officer. Good luck!

A big congrats.

May I ask what the Sept09 decision was and the 3 years? Does that still stand to people?

Guest moviemummy
A big congrats.

May I ask what the Sept09 decision was and the 3 years? Does that still stand to people?

Hi Paula

DIAC made changes over the past few years which for some, left us in limbo.

With the new state sponsorship now in place things seem to be, at last, moving.

L x

Guest gymnast11

ah what ashame, i must say that you do feel like your in limbo land, one min its all go, then nothing for months, then you hear alittle news and not always what you want and whilst all this is going on you are trying to go on with a normal life here in england :( i really do wish u all the very best in your new venture, things happen for a reason :) good luck x

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi,

Sorry to hear that it hasn't all worked out for you at this time. Have you spoken to your/a migration agent? The whole points sytem has changed from 1st July this year and the age limit has increased to 49 I believe. What profession were you going on before? If you have done skills assessements they could well still be valid so perhaps you could apply for a permanent visa this time, maybe with state sponsorship which you need less points for. Also, it would take a while to get the visa and you would get a year to validate giving your wife time to establish the business, enjoy her work for a while & then decide what to do with it ie sell it, leave someone running it etc. It would give you time to gradually save some money up again. Also, if you validate the visa you then have 5 years to permanently move giving you 6 or more years in total to have the option of moving there.

It might be worth speaking to an agent just to see what your options are, we used Go Matilda who are highly recommended on here. We have found them brilliant and they spoke to us about our options before we decided to go with them and payment is broken down in stages and we found them quite reasonable.

Good Luck and keep us updated

Cara

Guest Paula H

we applied online 18th feb, had an email 18th march advising us that we would most likley be assigned a CO withing 3 months and should get our medicals undertaken now. Should we? or is it possible that things will change and we will have to wait?

Guest draclee

what a ball ache it makes you wonder why the hell are you bothering. is it really worth all the crap and red tape. my girlfriend and i are in the process of upping and leaving but to be honest i'm only going for it because she thinks its the prommised land. i have my doubts. good luck anyway.