Processing time after Police and Medical Checks

Yicker

Hi all,

We've just received our forms for the Police and Medical checks from the DIAC.

What I'd like to know from people who have gone through this process, how long after the checks have been sent back to Oz is the Visa likely to be granted, assuming the checks are ok of course.

Cheers

Scott

Guest thekings

Cant remember think its in our signature though.......yes it is just looked......and ours was delayed a bit through one of the medicals being referred.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adeelans

Dear brothers,

Please share your experience, how much time they take to finalize the VISA application after the allocation of case officer. I have been assigned case officer on April 14th, 2010 and they have not yet asked about the medical and PCC. what is the average processing time after the allocation of case officer. Please advice

Regards, Adeel

Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

We did our meds in jan 2009 and police checks march 2009, our visa is being prossed at the moment we are just waiting for new police checks as they had expired.

It varies depending on what type of visa etc but all could change with the re-structuring in July so you can't really guess at the moment.

Good Luck

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

We had our medicals last week and the results have now been passed to the DIAC.

Posted the Police Certificate application forms today, they say it should be about 10 working days for the Certificates to be sent to us. Once I get them back, I'll forward them onto our Visa agent.

So I guess it's then just a case of waiting for the DIAC to make a decision.

Scott

Guest markmet

Hi Hazel

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Wolverhamptoner. We have been in Adelaide 10 weeks now. Bit of a rollercoaster ride but well worth it.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest banda802
Dear brothers,

Please share your experience, how much time they take to finalize the VISA application after the allocation of case officer. I have been assigned case officer on April 14th, 2010 and they have not yet asked about the medical and PCC. what is the average processing time after the allocation of case officer. Please advice

Regards, Adeel

it depends on ur occupation. let me know ur ASCO code and sub class. if its in critical list it will process fastr(within 1 mnt)

• 1 month later...
Guest adeelans
Hi all,

We've just received our forms for the Police and Medical checks from the DIAC.

What I'd like to know from people who have gone through this process, how long after the checks have been sent back to Oz is the Visa likely to be granted, assuming the checks are ok of course.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scot,

Please share how long did it take your CO to ask for medicals and police checks after CO allocation. My CO was assigned 2 months back and he has not asked for medicals/police checks yet.

Regards, Adeel

Hi Scot,

Please share how long did it take your CO to ask for medicals and police checks after CO allocation. My CO was assigned 2 months back and he has not asked for medicals/police checks yet.

Regards, Adeel

Hi Adeel,

Well, our application for a 175 Visa was submitted to DIAC on 5th Feb 2010 and they sent a request for Meds and Police checks to our Visa agent on 23rd March so it was roughly 6/7 weeks.

Cheers

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Guest P00hbear

ours took 3 months.... just heard last week. Wasn't prepared for the emotions that came with it! Only just starting to believe it's actually going to happen :)

• 1 year later...
Guest id_ajay

Hi All,

I applied for GSM offshore 175 Visa applicant from Australia. I just wanted to share the process and time lines that I went through recently for the 175 visa hoping that it will help people looking for some information just as i did when i applied initially. My visa is still in process.

Here are the details,

3rd Nov 2011: Case office sent a mail requesting for Medicals and PCC. The online status updated to "Application being processed further"

20th Nov 2011: Upload PCC & AFP document online.

In between I also informed CO that my wife is pregnant, but fortunately we had her x ray which was done for 457 in Sept 2011 and the same report was used for this PR x ray as well. She underwent rest of her medical examinations.

15th Dec 2011: Sent medical reports and CO confirmed the receipt of documents on 13th Jan.

After that I haven't received any communication from them. My online status doesn't reflect changes like medical done or PCC done.Just wanted to confirm approx.. time to process the visa.

Appreciate for your help.

Guest foxesonthemove

Hi Scott

Our medicals and police checks were done in Dec 2011. These were received by the DIAC by mid- Jan and our visa was granted this week (Feb 2012).

Hope all goes well, shouldnt be too long a wait now!

Alex

Guest id_ajay

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information. Did your online status for medical & PCC documents got reflected immediately after submission because my online document status still show outstanding.

Thanks.

Guest dean berridge

Hi Yicker we're in a similar position took meds on Tuesday but obviousily still awaiting results (blood pressure a bit high DOH but the doctor put it down to white coat, but I wasn't wearing one ha ha) probably all the stressing!!lol sent police checks to my agent same day so now its the waiting game. Does the type of visa determine the length of time??? We are on a 176 family. Any way good luck.

Guest sam morgan1968

We are in the same situation as you. Our police checks have just come back and the Meds are being sent back this week. My migration agent advised me that if all is good we could get our visas approved 10 days after the checks are received. We have applied for a 176 visa, with state sponsorship. Fingers crossed. Where are you going to and when? We're going to Adelaide:)