Sign in to follow this  
Guest ebi165

Employment issue - SIR to 887 - getting paid $15 p/h as a casual employee

Guest ebi165

Hello guys ,

I have been here in Adelaide for 18 months on SIR visa have got six months to apply for 887.I am doing two part time jobs to cover the 35 hours requirement . my second job which is working in a pizza shop as a casual employee gives 10 hrs p/w and I get paid $15 p/h before tax.

I am happy with the rate since I just do this job to fulfill the 35 hours requirement.what make me worried is that according to WORKSA website minimum casual pay rate in SA is $ 17.70 p/h and I am getting $15 p/h.

Does anyone think this would be a problem when proccessing my application for 887 visa ? has anyone experienced such a thing? I dont want to stress out my boss by mentioning this as he is helping me to cover the 35 hours.

Any advise and help is much appreciated.

Guest Nick11

Can't see it being a problem. Two separate bodies - immigration and worksa. Just as long as your ref is on letter headed paper etc and you have pay slips to back up your application.

Guest ebi165

Thanks for the reply guys , actually I am the only person who is paying tax at that place because I need to provide immigration with tax return.other employees are getting cash in hand . and he pays them $13 an hour . thats is something common among pizza shops.

Actually my employee is paying me more than he pays others :)

Guest mistofmind

could you please guide me, coz i have my 475 visa and will be reaching in June .Whats the situation of the job opportunities. I have 8 years of banking experinece. What kind of work should i search for from beginning so that it qualifies for PR norms later?

Guest soggy
    could you please guide me, coz i have my 475 visa and will be reaching in June .Whats the situation of the job opportunities. I have 8 years of banking experinece. What kind of work should i search for from beginning so that it qualifies for PR norms later?

Hi,

any full time work (35 hours a week) is OK, even two jobs that add up to 35 hours is fine, it could be employed, casual, self employed or as a business owner, just remember that you will have to show evidence of your work to get your PR visa.

Some will tell you that you can't get work in a bank on a 475, I know 2 people on a 495 (the old 475) who a working as full time employed staff for Westpac so it is possible.:)

Simon

Guest mistofmind
    Hi,

any full time work (35 hours a week) is OK, even two jobs that add up to 35 hours is fine, it could be employed, casual, self employed or as a business owner, just remember that you will have to show evidence of your work to get your PR visa.

Some will tell you that you can't get work in a bank on a 475, I know 2 people on a 495 (the old 475) who a working as full time employed staff for Westpac so it is possible.:)

Simon

Thanks simon ! hope if we can interact so often. :)

Guest Nick11

Bear in mind most banks don't accept temp visa holders for work. Unfortunately most don't accept 475 visas . You can work in any profession to qualify for pr.