phil&Sue

moving out with a yr old baby!!

Hi there, we are moving out 11th May with a yr old baby on a 176 visa.

Hoping to live in Glenelg for a few months initially.

I have lots of little questions because we are moving out with a little un!! knowing nobody. So bit scarey!!

Can we get baby milk - SMA, baby foods, toys, clothes etc in Glenelg does anyone know pls??!

I understand Australia have a child care system, (instead of health visitors).

Any info greatly appreciated....

Any other families with young children fancy meeting up sometime??

Thanks,

Sue, Phil and baby Jack!! xx

Guest VickyB

Hi guys, we moved to Glengowrie with our daughter who is now 15 months last June and it's been great.

Feel free to ask any questions. I have seen SMA formula here although we used S26 which Hannah had no problems with switching to. We go to a great playgroup near by and Glenelg library does a song time which is good & free!

Currently back in Bristol visiting friends & family which is lovely, the one thing I would say is stock up on kids clothes including shoes, I can't get over how cheap as well as decent quality the clothes are here compared to Oz!!!!!

All the best & give us a shout when you get here if you'd like to catch up. Vicky

Just wanted to say you will be absoulty fine. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I have not had to deal with nurses much just for the kids immunisations which has been easy.

Definately agree get at least a years worth of clothes and if you can get your little one measured up for thier first shoes from clarks before you come out.

Once you get yourslef into a rental put a post up and you will meet loads of people and of course through your local playgroups.

Good luck.

Michelle

Hi Vicky

Thanks for your reply. Have a nice time in Bristol. We are in sunny Clevedon until 9th May!!!!!!

Will buy kids clothing b4hand then. Great tip.

Will try and give you a shout when we are over.

Would be good to meet up,

Sue