Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trakki

Anyone else in the same situation?

Guest Trakki

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is in or has been in the same situation. Me and Pete (Django) have lived toether for 9 years in what the visa calls a defacto relationship. Pete has never got a divorce from his exwife, mainly due to the cost.

I have just been filling in the visa papers and they ask what his marital status is, does he put married, or in defacto relationship. Does it matter that he is not divorced or does he need to get divorced first. If he does have to get divorced first it will add even more time onto our leaving this place. I have emailed the immi.gov.au web site but not had a reply as yet.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Tracey

Guest mOZzy

hi tracey!!

hmm that's a tricky question and no, i don't have an answer to it myself - sorry :(

i do hope though it'll get sorted soon for you!!!

Guest cki2005

Hello

We are using four corners agency and i was in the same position they said for me to get a devorce as soon as poss as the Aus Gov dont like it and it would complicated things as i have been with my partner 10 years and they will want to know why we never married, Hope this helps.

Regards

Dave & Carmel

Guest Aussiebound

Hi Tracey

That is a tricky one. Can't offer any advice but hope it doesn't hold up the process too much for you.

Sarah

Guest stufi1997

Hi tracy, tell Pete to nip down to the soliciters and dig deep into those deep deep pockets and get a legal separation letter, then start a divorse procedure, will help if the other half wants it too...!!!! Stu

:shocked: