Sign in to follow this  
Guest scousefan

London Old Bill seeking transfer to SAPOL...

Guest scousefan

I've been a copper in London for almost 8 years and I'm wanting to transfer to Australia. All my research to date has indicated the only force I could join without either PR or citizenship is SAPOL...

I've been to OZ on extended holidays a few times and seriously love the place, but Southern Australia is somewhere I've never been...

Does anyone have any experience of moving from the Met to SAPOL?

Does SAPOL sponsor your visa etc?

So many questions...any help or advice please!!

:err:

hi

just a quick reply as funny enough im at the sapol police academy at the moment training to be a cop, ive got to go in early thismorning tomeet and greet 84 cops who have transfered over from uk!!! SAPOL sponser your visa but you have to stay with them for 2 years as part of your visa requirements. when you get here you have to train for 10 weeks at the academy, and as our sergeant told us yesterday, the uk'ers (as their known!) already know how to police, they just neeed to adapt to very slightly different laws and police procedures, oh and learn how to shoot a gun!!!

as i said sorry its a bit quick but off to the academy now to greet the uk'ers, just give me a shout if you want to know anything else

steve

Guest scousefan
    hi

just a quick reply as funny enough im at the sapol police academy at the moment training to be a cop, ive got to go in early thismorning tomeet and greet 84 cops who have transfered over from uk!!! SAPOL sponser your visa but you have to stay with them for 2 years as part of your visa requirements. when you get here you have to train for 10 weeks at the academy, and as our sergeant told us yesterday, the uk'ers (as their known!) already know how to police, they just neeed to adapt to very slightly different laws and police procedures, oh and learn how to shoot a gun!!!

as i said sorry its a bit quick but off to the academy now to greet the uk'ers, just give me a shout if you want to know anything else

steve

Hello Steve, how is life treating you out there?

I've not been on this site for months since I found out SAPOL had stopped recruiting for the year. Still keen though and will be looking again for next year.

Is it all it's cracked up to be for you?