Guest Kelly O

One year today!!!

Guest Kelly O

We arrived here on April 8th 2009.. I'm not going to write a long post as we are off out to eat a celebratory pizza at Brunelli's -our fave Italian restaurant in the city. We have had many ups and downs. We all love Adelaide - love the climate, the Hills, the beaches, the koala family that live in our garden, the fresh cherries in December, the chilled people you meet, the service we have had in shops(people who actually know about what they are selling).... The list goes on ... and I said we are off out ...So just wanted to say Adelaide is great and has much going for it..as long as you can secure work...

Guest Here at last!

Congratulations Kelly and to the boys. I hope you have many more years in Australia.

Brunelli is on Rundle Street, the food is fantastic and a great place to eat with children.

Sonya

Guest Kelly O

Thanks Sonya.. Brunellis was fantastic as usual....very highly recommended situated on Rundle Street, opposite the Scout shop I think. The pizzas are delicious as is the ice cream. We felt like celebrating tonight.

For those that know me, we have had some tough times over the last year but we have hung on in there and want to make our dream work. We haven't found it easy but focussing on the positives has helped greatly. Getting your head round the fact you have given up a cushy life was the first hurdle to face where we were pretty comfortably numb. This experience has been far from that and we have learnt many things together, as have our two boys. I feel proud we have, and are, giving it a go. I am a positive person and know we did the right thing for us, even if it has been far from easy.

Good luck to all those who have made, or are making, the move. Whether it works out or not, the experience is worth it alone. Good on ya for trying!

Guest Stacey

Hi

Sounds like you had some tough times well done for sticking it out and glad it is now all working out for you. Congrats on your first anniversary.

Best Wishes

Stacey

x

Guest Messua

Congratulations to all of you!!!!!!!!!!! The first year is always filled with ups and downs, but it's well worth it. Here's wishing you many more happy years ahead:)