Sign in to follow this  
Guest tooeasy

Darwin

Guest tooeasy

Hey all just came back from 4 days in darwin with work and I was really surprised how nice it was there is a lot to do there weather is warmer and the city is a lot more modern than adelaide

the traffic is a lot quieter too all in all a really nice place to go its a lot more humid than adelaide tho but not a bad as i thought it would be :)

Guest willfam
    Hey all just came back from 4 days in darwin with work and I was really surprised how nice it was there is a lot to do there weather is warmer and the city is a lot more modern than adelaide

the traffic is a lot quieter too all in all a really nice place to go its a lot more humid than adelaide tho but not a bad as i thought it would be :)

It is much more humid in summer though. Winter time is the best time to go as it is nice and warm and no humidity. It is a lovely place for a holiday, personally I wouldn't want to live there though.

Guest tooeasy

yea I was told it was the end of the wet season so wasn't as humid as it normally is but they are a lot more prepared for the humid weather there public transport and roads are a lot better than adelaide but then the population is lower in darwin nd it is more expensive than adelaide but speaking to workers there the wages are higher to compensate

Guest Guest75

We visited Darwin a couple of years ago in September - during the build up to the "Wet"

Very humid ,far too much for us!

June/July are supposed to be good months.

We loved it,, a vibrant and very different place still in the same country.

Shame you can't swim in the sea due to the Box Jellyfish - and have to be careful of the Crocs!!

Guest tooeasy

yea was told about the box jelly fish,rays and crocs spoke to a fisherman there and he said if you go fishing off the beach and catch a big fish 9 times out of 10 when your reeling it in its being chased by a croc :shocked:

they do do charter fishing trips and they say you will catch at least 2 big fish :)

Guest Guest75
    yea was told about the box jelly fish,rays and crocs spoke to a fisherman there and he said if you go fishing off the beach and catch a big fish 9 times out of 10 when your reeling it in its being chased by a croc :shocked:

they do do charter fishing trips and they say you will catch at least 2 big fish :)

Scary innit??

Did you go to the market on the beach with all the Hippies?/

Great atmosphere!

Next time we go up I'm going to try get on a charter;)

We did go on a sunset cruise on a Pearl Lugger - a fantastic trip,highly recommended!