ladycasper

SIR 495 to 887

Hi guys,

That 2 year time is coming up for us...

Just wondered if anyone had done the 887 recently and exactly what to do ?

I take it that after the 2 year anniversary has passed you arm yourself with all your docs etc your credit card and apply on line.

Would anyone be helpful and nice please and pass on any tips or even a direct link to the correct place ? also how do you obtain a federal police check and how long does it take ?

How much does it all cost ?

Cheers and thanks in anticipation

:notworthy::notworthy:

Hi, we just got our PR last month after only 3 weeks of applying.

We changed from a 496 to an 887.

The visa cost was $230 and the police checks can be done at your local police station for a cost of $45 and they took around 10 days to come back, but they do have to be federal police checks.

They have a document checklist that you can scan and upload which is the following:-

Passports (information page/photopage)

birth certificates

marriage certificate (if applicable)

Police clearance

Passport Photo (I didn't do this as my photo was on the information page of the passport as is everybodys)

The above applies for everybody on your visa if applicable, you will then be awarded a bridging visa and then given a case officer, who will email you with additional information that they require, if they do require it.

We didn't do any medicals and front loaded everything with exception of the police checks as we were waiting on those coming back.

You do have to have 6 months or more remaining on all the passports or you may be asked to renew these too.

If you go onto www.immi.gov.au and follow the online information you can apply for it that way.

You will need your passport number handy too, when you register for the online service.

Hope this helps if you need anymore details let me know.

Good luck x

Hi, we just got our PR last month after only 3 weeks of applying.

We changed from a 496 to an 887.

The visa cost was $230 and the police checks can be done at your local police station for a cost of $45 and they took around 10 days to come back, but they do have to be federal police checks.

They have a document checklist that you can scan and upload which is the following:-

birth certificates

Police clearance

Passport Photo (I didn't do this as my photo was on the information page of the passport as is everybodys)

The above applies for everybody on your visa if applicable, you will then be awarded a bridging visa and then given a case officer, who will email you with additional information that they require, if they do require it.

We didn't do any medicals and front loaded everything with exception of the police checks as we were waiting on those coming back.

You do have to have 6 months or more remaining on all the passports or you may be asked to renew these too.

If you go onto www.immi.gov.au and follow the online information you can apply for it that way.

You will need your passport number handy too, when you register for the online service.

Hope this helps if you need anymore details let me know.

Good luck x

Cornlea,

Was just wondering, do you know if we can go online and start the process and then go back to it what we have every thing up loaded ??

I understand we need to up load this:

birth certificates

Fed Police clearance - takes about 10 days

1 year or more of full time pay slips from either of us

2 years of bills to show our 2 years of living in adelaide

??

Is it this simple ?

oh and pay the fee ? is this about $ 230 ??

Any replies and tips would be greatly appreciated

thanks

lynne

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Cornlea,

Was just wondering, do you know if we can go online and start the process and then go back to it what we have every thing up loaded ??

I understand we need to up load this:

birth certificates

Fed Police clearance - takes about 10 days

1 year or more of full time pay slips from either of us

2 years of bills to show our 2 years of living in adelaide

??

Is it this simple ?

oh and pay the fee ? is this about $ 230 ??

Any replies and tips would be greatly appreciated

thanks

lynne

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Just bumping this up as if anyone can help with a simple step by step explanation of their recent experience Im sure it would be very helpful to many of us,

Lynne

Guest cbeeb

i got my 887 in oct 2009, i never uploaded payslips just group certificates and contracts from work also rent agreement. they never asked for any more than federal police checks mine also came back in 10 days never needed medicals

i got my 887 in oct 2009, i never uploaded payslips just group certificates and contracts from work also rent agreement. they never asked for any more than federal police checks mine also came back in 10 days never needed medicals

Hi thanks for that, I was dreading having to scan in 26 pay slips for a years pay !!

so group certs and work contracts,

rent agreement and or property purchase docs

and fed check,

seems like thats it.

thanks for your help,

can you go on line and start it and then go back to it later ? or do you have to do it all on one day ?

:wubclub:

Guest cbeeb

you can go back later. i got 28 days to complete adding stuff. not very organised i used them. was completely stress free