Land Engineering Surveyor needs some tips!

Guest Skippy

Guest Skippy

Hi everyone,

We arrived in Adelaide in February and there has been so much to do. Well, we've crossed everything off the list but one thing - a job for OH! He is a Land Engineering Surveyor. He has joined agencies, sent resumes etc etc. We have been told by someone in the construction industry here that it's quite a difficult area to get into. We are puzzled by this as there seems to be plenty of this type of work across the rest of Australia. We have a provisional visa so Adelaide is where he has to work - we are most happy with this by the way. Can anyone give him any advice or tips regarding this situation? We would be most happy to hear any thoughts from you. He is pretty buoyant really but I think he is missing his work routine, his hard-hat and being with the fellas!! He may have had a little enough of his wife and 4 daughters!! Although we love having him around!!! Love Anna x

Hi Anna

I know a lot of people that have just approached companies direct even if they have not advertised, I actually got my first job here in Adelaide this way.

If he hasn't already, maybe just pick up the phone or even door knock on companies that are relevant to his field, it does take a while in some cases before people get into the same role or grading as they used to do in the UK but I find when you do finally get a foot in the door if the work ethic is right then it doesn't take long to progress.

Andy

• 1 month later...
Guest Toby

Hi, a friendof mine works for fmg engineering at norwood as a structural engineer(he was head hunted from UK last year), if your hubby looks at there website and thinks they may deal in the kind of work he is after i will get my mate to talk to your hubby as i am sure he will know where the vacancies are.

cheers

Guest Skippy

Hi Toby,

thanks for your response. My OH started work about 2 weeks ago now. He sent letters off and ended up with a couple of job offers. Really kind of you to pick up on my old post. Thanks once again. Anna x