New to the site and want to say hi

Guest russell 12

Guest russell 12

;)Hi everyone.

Let me introduce my family, my hubbie Craig (34)and 2 girls ,Millie 5 and Georgia 13 and of course me louise(33)

We have been planning our move to adelaide..forever it seems! we are hoping to move over in Feb 2008 (heres hoping).

We all went over to visit earlier this year, a bit of a working holiday for me , i was on placement at the Royal Adelaide Hospital for 10 weeks but my family could only stay for 5 because of work and school...and lack of money! for all of you who are emigrating and never set foot in adelaide you have nothing to worry about..you will love it.

We just fell in love with it, its stunning, everywhere you turn is like a picture postcard. Very green, clean, chilled and so friendly.

we were all very glum when we came back home but it has made us relaise that it is DEFINATELY what we want.:arghh:

I have recently had an interview for a private hospital ( as a nurse) and have been offered a post, ssooo excited. Craig is in sales here and as yet has no job in oz, i think he is hoping to be a bit of a surf bum ( well..for a couple of weeks anyway!)

We have JUST accepted an offer on our house so literally EVERYTHING is crossed that this goes through. Your house becomes a real burden doesn't it?

so guys, thats us. Tell me a little bit about where you are up to!

Forgot to mention the sunsets in Adelaide are out of this world:chatterbox: the sun sets over the ocean, and it lights up the whole sky.. we used to sit on the beach and pinch ourselves.. wow! cannot wait to get back.

Hope to hear from you soon

Louise and craig

Tried to attach a photo of our girls with the Koala not sure if it has worked

Hi and welcome to PIA.

You look to be well down the line to getting where you want. I think our time frames/ ideas seem to be similar to yours if the visa comes through:confused:. I would say any queries ask away but it sounds like we will be asking you!:)

good luck

Hi Louise and craig

Welcome to PIA, I know what you mean about the sunsets, we were sitting in a cafe in Brighton right on the esplanade watching the sun set, when my OH realises that he didn't have a great view of the sun because a palm tree was in the way!

How good is that?

It's a fantastic place and as the saying goes (which we seen on a bumper sticker)

"If you don't like it, LEAVE!"

Take care and good luck.

hi louise and caig and kids!

hello and welcome :)

you sure know more than many of us so i guess we'll be the ones asking :D

glad you liked it from the beginning and you make it seem the right thing to do for us too!

good luck with the house

Guest russell 12

Hi Ali and co

So have you sent off for your visa already and just waiting for a reply? so you say you are planning to move around the same time as us, have you been to Oz before or is this your first encounter?

Our girls are dead excited especially our eldest, Georgia just can't wait to get back to the surf! everyone expects that she wont want to go but oh no..she is on it!

Do you have friends/ family in adelaide?

Sorry too many questions i know

Speak soon

Russell 12

Guest russell 12

Hiya

Brighton beach, what a dream, this is one of the places we are going to look to rent we loved it there. So are you actually in adelaide now or just visited.. sorry if this is a silly question but not sure how this is all working being a novice!

Guest russell 12

Tried to reply to some of these messages but ended up sending them back to me... bear with me and i will see where this one ends up! If i know it arrives then i am onto a winner

Russells 12:huh:

Guest russell 12

been having some problems trying to contat those who have been chatting..so just a quickie to see if this arrives with you guys

heres hoping

Russell 12

Hi Louise and craig

Welcome to PIA, I know what you mean about the sunsets, we were sitting in a cafe in Brighton right on the esplanade watching the sun set, when my OH realises that he didn't have a great view of the sun because a palm tree was in the way!

How good is that?

It's a fantastic place and as the saying goes (which we seen on a bumper sticker)

"If you don't like it, LEAVE!"

Take care and good luck.

Hi russell,

love the name same as my brother in law.

We submited our visa on the 20/6/07 so we hoping to be acknowledged in the next week or so and then we are on to medicals ect.

We are hoping that Morgan will be able to come out befor me and the kids to get a few things sorted in peace:).

Glad your girls are exceted we havent been brave enough to tell our older 2 yet:arghh:.

We have never been to OZ and have no family their!:arghh:. I think Morgan is having a mid life crisis having just turned 40:wacko:. I have mentioned emigrating for years but he has always been adament with his NO!

I know you have been befor but have you got family over their or is it just a stab in the dark for you 2.

Guest chillyanna

Hi louise & craig

i know just what you mean about adelaide, i was there in 2002 and loved it also but never got to watch a sunset. it's a very tranquil place.

my mate who i went over with was real unhappy when he returned to the UK - now he has been living in adelaide with his family for the last 12 months.

and me, well i am waiting for my TRA to be passed any day now fingers crossed:D

i am very amazed how many brits on here are wanting to go to adelaide, more than imagined when i started the process.

all the best

paul

Guest sarahsmartiepants

welcome to the site , and dont worry about palm trees being in the way of your sunset! I can tell you some great places to sit and have a beer with out the interuption of palm trees!:D.

Paul, I know what you mean about the amount of people coming here, I thought we were among the few...till I found these type of web sites!!!

sarah

Guest dglamoore

Hi Louise and Craig

welcome to the forum - it is good you have been and know how much you love it when you come back :jiggy:

I know what you mean about those sunsets - we live on the beach at Port Noarlunga South and are lucky enough to see them every night from our home as it drops into the sea :D

Lisa:cute: