Sign in to follow this  
Guest tinkham_lee

Drive in movies

Guest tinkham_lee

Hi all

Has anyone been to the drive in movies at gepps cross?

I am looking at going but its quite a drive to get there, (I live at Aldinga Beach) and wanted to know if its worth the trip, how good is the picture and sound quality and how do they get the sound into your car?

Cheers

Lee

Guest Janine3979

Hiya, we went to the drive in at gepps cross in sept last year, we all really enjoyed it, you tune your radio in to get the sound in your car. If you've never been it's worth doing.

I think the + points for us were that it was a lot more relaxed than a cinema but I suppose that depends on how comfy your car is. And we didn't have to worry about the kids making noise etc. the picture quality was good too just make sure your windscreen is clean lol. The cost was quite good too also we didn't realise but we could have taken our own snacks.

With it being such a long way why don't you do something else in that area on the same trip, I don't know what kind of things you like doing but there is a good go-karting track a few hundred yards before the drive in.

Guest tinkham_lee

That sounds good, are you allowed to keep your engine running for heating/air con and to stop the battery going flat.

I don't mind driving that far just for the movies if I know its going to be good, my only concern with the distance is how late we would get home.

how easy is it to find, and do you need to book?

Guest moonraker1959

Hi I've been to the drive -in numerous times.Not recently I'll admit,but spent many a summer evening there as a teenager!:)Personally I think its a great experience.Its not something thats available in the UK,so I would go for it!Probably not the best time to go,in winter months,due to either having to de-mist the windscreen several times,plus if the weather turns wet,you'll be watching the movie through the wind screen wipers!Also its get pretty cold too so unless you wrap yourselves up loads,you'll be running the car heater several times to warm back up!!!!You also might have to dash to the dunnies in the rain/cold,which is'nt pleasant!I think its a great thing to do though in the warmer months.You can have all the car windows down,much more relaxing,plus some people (depending what type of car you have)have the back of the car facing the screen and lay in the back with the boot up,take your pillows ect,so would definately consider waiting for spring/summer time to make the most of it!

Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

It's just off grand junction so it's quite easy to find but it's set back a bit we didn't see it until we drove past it and had to turn round and go back but the cars queing at that side of the road should have been a give away lol.

Guest lastboyscout

Take a radio with ya (like a boom -box type) , if you get bored of the film , you can put some break dance music on unroll the lino, and get down :biglaugh:

We have many a great evening there and the kids love it :jiggy: