Moosh

All flights have been cancelled in UK due to the Iceland volcano eruption

I know how bad this stuff can be.....Jet engines very complex this stuff can do some real damage.....too risky...

Maybe they could shut the ports too to try and curb the amount of illegal immigrants coming thru....!!!!!

HG

I know how bad this stuff can be.....Jet engines very complex this stuff can do some real damage.....too risky...

Maybe they could shut the ports too to try and curb the amount of illegal immigrants coming thru....!!!!!

HG

not likley!

My in laws fly out in a couple of weeks hope it's cleared up by then!

Guest kangomik

My in laws fly back this saturday, it better be cleared for them to go home:biglaugh:

I thought only 250 flights were cancelled today? i did not realise the whole airport had been closed.

Guest VickyB

Unfortunately we were suppose to be flying 2200 tonight, flight cancelled and although there are seats on flights to Singapore tomorrow no seats Singapore to Adelaide until the 21st arghhhhhhhh. They suggested I fly to Singapore and just go on the waiting list for a flight to Adelaide, as I'm travelling with a 1 yr old that's not going to happen.

Looks like we will be in the blighty for another 5 days, grandparents seem quite please about it, I now have to let work know.

Hope no one else has been affected. Vicky

My in laws fly back this saturday, it better be cleared for them to go home:biglaugh:

I thought only 250 flights were cancelled today? i did not realise the whole airport had been closed.

Entire airspace closed! UK & Europe. May linger for a while :shocked:

This is the second eruption in a matter of weeks but this one is more severe as it's reaching ice and exploding (app - I'm no expert! lol) creating glass particles - sounds nasty! Sorry for those travelling - considering it is coming to the end of our 1/2 term!

Oh well - beats talking about the weather! :err:

Guest steph&neil

sorry to hear it has affected you but the wait will be worth it!!! steph x

Unfortunately we were suppose to be flying 2200 tonight, flight cancelled and although there are seats on flights to Singapore tomorrow no seats Singapore to Adelaide until the 21st arghhhhhhhh. They suggested I fly to Singapore and just go on the waiting list for a flight to Adelaide, as I'm travelling with a 1 yr old that's not going to happen.

Looks like we will be in the blighty for another 5 days, grandparents seem quite please about it, I now have to let work know.

Hope no one else has been affected. Vicky

Oh no.....I really feel for you. With our flights now only a matter of weeks away fully appreciate what a nightmare this will be for you.

Good luck and hope all new plans go ok.:wubclub:

Guest emmaandlee

We are supposed to fly out Saturday night...fingers crossed we have some proper English windy weather to sent it back to Iceland!!

Guest kangomik

In laws are waiting by the phone to contact qantas at 9pm tonight for the latest update, could be 10.30 i just heard.

They have a connecting flight from ADL to Mel, this flight will be safe, but i read/hear over a 1000 qantas passengers are already stuck in transit at singapore waiting to get to heathrow.

My brain says thats a 1 day back log even if they fly 15 mins apart 3 plane loads!

Waiting game i guess.

off all the things we plan for i never expected this, i:arghh:

Ahh well just wait i guess.

Guest sjs

My sister and my niece have been here on holiday and were due to fly home today. After the airport allowing them to check in and we had said our tough goodbyes, when I had almost reached home I got a call from her to say that her flights had been cancelled. We knew the whole situation but when they allowed her to check in we assumed the flights would be taking off as the ash would be clearing - wrong. Now although I am delighted to have them longer she has 2 other kids and a husband to get home to. Now we were thinking she would maybe get away on Monday or Tuesday but Quantas have rebooked her on the next available flight which is ten days away on the 26th April - cant believe it.

We are so emotionally drained today and we are now just hoping when airspace opens back up Quantas put on extra flights and get her home sooner - her family need her.

Guest Kazzarazza

Our family wasn't quite so lucky. They'd already departed on Thurs before the cancellations started. They have been stuck in Hong Kong for over 24 hours so far and have no idea when they can travel on to UK. Can't be very easy with two kids (8 and 10) in tow. But, much better that than risk of flying at the moment.

Best wishes to all affected, Kazza xx

Guest kangomik

Just got confirmation of qantas.

Fly in 10 days time!

So for anyone else expect long delays, i guess this means there maybe more eruptions, or qantas just sorting their part of it all out.

Act of god people, no control over this one!:idea:

Guest Aussie pat

My poor hubby is stuck in London, due to fly back tomorrow with his Mum's ashes. It's kind of ironic that Iceland's ashes are stopping his Mum's from getting to Oz!

Guest VickyB

Good luck everyone, we have been booked on a flight on monday which seems very quick compared to your stories, lets just hope the ash has cleared by then. Feeling very lucky that we never even left for the airport and now just enjoying a few more days with the grandparents and hoping we can fly monday.

Wishing you all safe travels. Vicky

Guest kangomik
    Good luck everyone, we have been booked on a flight on monday which seems very quick compared to your stories, lets just hope the ash has cleared by then. Feeling very lucky that we never even left for the airport and now just enjoying a few more days with the grandparents and hoping we can fly monday.

Wishing you all safe travels. Vicky

Are you still in the UK?

If so i think they need these flights out first, so that the rest can start piling in.

Theres a plane going up today around Europe to measure the air quality at altitude, so i guess more up dates will happen then.

If the inlaws stay too long i have reminded them that there are boats on the planet too and they could sail home, but after the earth quake last night they reckon things come in 3's :jimlad: ;)

Guest Zako999

lucky i returned to the UK 1day before all this happend!!

Guest kangomik

We have just been informed that we have friends due to fly out of the UK comming to Aus. Flying BA and Qantas, he spent 2 hours on the phone to be told he will fly on May the 8th.

THREE WEEKS TIME!:arghh:

Needless to say this throws his travel plans in the bin while he try's to re-schedule everything from car parking spaces to Insurance.

Guest tinkham_lee

according to a news report i just read, airspace above Britain, Sweden, Norway, Germany, France, and northern Spain was closed, yet Icelands airspace stayed open!

We have friends in England that had booked a holiday to Mexico. their insurance wont pay out because its an act of god and that it is a clause in the policy.