Guest seekingsunshine

southern montessori school

Guest seekingsunshine

Hi everyone :)

was wondering if anyone on here had children who go to this school?or know anyone who does?

i've not had a look round the school yet, but are impressed by their results on myschool website...BUT i was wondering as it only goes to Year 7- where do the kids tend to go afterwoods????

if anyone has any idea would love to know lol!

thanks

Hi everyone :)

was wondering if anyone on here had children who go to this school?or know anyone who does?

i've not had a look round the school yet, but are impressed by their results on myschool website...BUT i was wondering as it only goes to Year 7- where do the kids tend to go afterwoods????

if anyone has any idea would love to know lol!

thanks

Try the Steiner Waldorf in Willunga - I cannot get on their website though, but they are definitely there.

cPanel®

Waldorf education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cooler

Guest Lulujim

Hiya, My daughter goes to the pre-school there. LOVES it - has been asking all weekend when she's next going - she's gutted it's not on tomorrow!

The staff are all older which I like as it makes them more experienced & calmer! (Also nice as our parents are in the Uk and they're sort of like granny figures to my daughter)

They run a very good educational programme and offer Early Entry (so before they start school to prepare them) which I think is great, esp as they start later here and I think my daughter is ready for more stimulation already - let alone in 6 months time.

I had a tour of the school and was very impressed. The facilities aren't all singing, all dancing like others but the staff are very caring and the open plan & large classrooms was a lovely thing to see. They still offer private music tuition, sports, extra curricular activities etc.. and a big part of the school's ethos is parent participation. There are regular 'Beach Nights' and volunteer parent helpers, something I hope to be part of next year.

On the tour I spoke in depth to the the reception teachers and they showed me individual's work to show how each child is taught to their individual capabilities.. and the hands-on practical approach was used in all subjects. She said instead of being told " you need to do this now" - they are told ''there are 3 things that need to be completed by the end of the lesson - you can choose which order to do them in but they all need to be done". Personally i think this will suit my daughter's personality much better!

I watched the children doing their own thing and getting on independently - they were all confident and nice children from what i saw.

Another bonus for me is the small classes.. there were 18 children in one class up to 22 as the max. most other schools are in the late 20s or even early 30s :eek:

The myschool results are amazing - esp as they don't even teach to the National Curriculum - but the Montessori one - and getting these excellent results.

I feel very happy with this choice (and the lower fees!) and please PM if you want to know anything more! Alexis

Guest Bather's

Hi there, i hope i am doing this right. still very new to posting!!

i am so glad to see your post as i have just been looking at this school on the internet. we are expecting to arrive in Adelaide mid Jan and i keep reading that i should have a place arranged for my son 6 months before we arrive. he will be 7 in Dec and im not sure what year he will go into.

can you provide any advise on the years groups. also what is a school card im abit confussed with the fees!!

thanks

Danielle & Karl

Guest DJ4

Hello

I'm not actually from the UK originally but I've come across your post. My children aged 8 years and 10 years, attend Southern Montessori School and have done so since reception. We moved to SA from another Australian state aproximately five years ago. Quality and outcome of education is of prime importance to us. We chose this school over eight overs which were of initial interest to us. Besides our interest in Montessori philosophy and all which that entails, what else attracted us to this particular school was the open-plan setting, small class numbers, collaborative parental involvement and exceptional teaching staff. The fees are low for the high quality of education gained. In fact, if you research the fees of other Montessori Schools in differring Australian states, you will be quite surprised at the difference in fees. Our children are thriving in this setting. The NAPLAN results are exceptional (my daughter does very well with these tests also). However, focus is not placed solely on academic performance but rather upon working towards students' overall wellbeing and development. Hence, the NAPLAN results are indicative of all that which comes beforehand. The secondary schools I have visited in preparation for my children's continueing education thereafter, have reported how well previous students of this school do in their schools. Also, at this stage, there are strategic discussions taking place on extending through to a Southern Montessori Middle School.

All the best with it.