redwing

UK Tax

Hi Guys

A bit of advice needed

I have recently received my tax rebate from the UK, great, but am I wrong in thinking that one should get back the tax one paid for that particular tax year and not just overpaid tax? I was always under the impression that if you leave the UK to live abroad you can claim all your income tax back for that tax year you leave in?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Guest caoimhe

As far as I am aware you still have to pay tax on what you earned during the months you lived there

Guest soggy

Hi Guys

A bit of advice needed

I have recently received my tax rebate from the UK, great, but am I wrong in thinking that one should get back the tax one paid for that particular tax year and not just overpaid tax? I was always under the impression that if you leave the UK to live abroad you can claim all your income tax back for that tax year you leave in?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi,

if your PAYE you can get some money back because your annual tax free allowance is spread out all through the year, if you leave part way through a tax year you should get a little back, phone the tax office tell them when your leaving and they will send you a form, easy.:)

Simon

Guest Stacey

Hiya

As a PAYE employee your tax would have been calculated pro rata so you will only get back overpayments not all of it sorry!! Wish you did get it all though lol!!

x

Guest tinkham_lee

If you haven't hit your tax code then you will get all your tax back, but if you have then you will only get over payments back. I was £10 short of hitting my tax code and got a full refund of my tax. It did however take 5 weeks to get the money and they will only pay it direct to your bank account, so you may need to leave your English account open.