Sign in to follow this  
Guest snowy10

176 Visa Paper Application advice required please

Guest snowy10

I am preparing to lodge my 176 visa application (without an agent) but have so much supporting paperwork I have decided to go down the paper application rather than on-line and have the nightmare of uploding the information.

When you open the Form 1276 (GSM Application form) on the web site you can type answers in to all the boxes but you can not save any information but you can print the completed pages as you go along.

My question is this, is this an acceptable practice or do they expect you to print the blank form then write the answers in??

Stupid question but I just don't want to make any mistakes and have everything sent back to me!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest ajw

Hi snowy21

I just checked my 1276 form - I had it as a PDF doc, completed the fields electronically then printed them out. Changes were reflected OK, and scanned it to email and forwarded to my migration agent to submit on my behalf.

I dont think manual filling-in necessarily is a problem, but obviously the smallest misunderstanding can make a large difference, so best to type the info in as its neater, print, scan to email and forward on in PDF Format.

Dont know if that helps, I did the same for all the required docs.

Cheers

AJ

Guest snowy10
    Hi snowy21

I just checked my 1276 form - I had it as a PDF doc, completed the fields electronically then printed them out. Changes were reflected OK, and scanned it to email and forwarded to my migration agent to submit on my behalf.

I dont think manual filling-in necessarily is a problem, but obviously the smallest misunderstanding can make a large difference, so best to type the info in as its neater, print, scan to email and forward on in PDF Format.

Dont know if that helps, I did the same for all the required docs.

Cheers

AJ

Thanks AJ,

I plan to type my answers and then print the forms to send off, I'm not using an agent and have too much supporting documentation to use the on-line application, just didn't know if that was OK as the forms states "print clearly using a pen".

Obviously typed and printed forms are much easier to read but the instructions do not give this as an option, I just wanted to make sure that "typed and printed" forms were as acceptable as "hand written" forms.

I'm going to type and print the forms unless anyone comes back to say it's not acceptable.

Kind regards

Michael

Guest BenJay

Many other forms like form 80, medical forms and so on are put online by the DIAC in the form of interactive pdf files.

The files work in Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can fill them in electronically in capital letters and print out for your paper application.

I am not sure though if you will be able to check the status of your application online when it is submitted in paper but maybe yes.

Guest ajw

Hi Michael

As BenJay said, the same process works for all the other forms (medical etc). I did the same procedure for all of them. As for checking application status on line, once you have lodged you should get your TRN Number and on the immigration website you enter your TRN number and passport number for an indication of a) receipt of your submission and b) what document requirements are either 'met' or 'still outstanding'.

PS Michael - make sure you get as much info as possible (especially considering you are not using an agent). My reference letters and my RPL (in lieu of a degree) were key to getting my skills acknowledged and my visa processing underway efficiently.

Good luck!

AJ