Guest Squareman

Semaphore or Brighton/Glenelg

Guest Squareman

Decisions! Decisions! :wacko:

I really like Semaphore because it seems a family orientated place and there are loads of shops/pubs/restaurants nearby. I also visited the local primary school, LaFevre, and it seems good. My only negative point is that its pretty close to industrial areas and the drive from the City to Semaphore every day is pretty ugly!

I'm off to visit the Brighton area tomorrow, to speak to the primary school etc. Do you think Brighton/Glenelg might be a better option, given that its more 'suburban'? Are there also a lot of shops/restaurants in the Glenelg area?

We are renting in Glenelg at the mo. A winner as far as I am concerned. Loads of shops and restaurants. A big plus for me is the tram into town, or there is a bus from the end of the street.

Probably costs more than Semaphore though.

Nick

Guest Ric & Paula

We are renting in Semaphore and love it,but hubby works close by and there is no commute.We arrived a couple of months ago and liked Brighton too,nice cafes beaches etc,don't know about schools as ours settled really quickly at LeFevre,school and kindy,and the rental was so lovely too.Heard lots of positives about Brighton,but for our family,we love the Peninsula!Happy hunting P x

Guest Ric & Paula

There is also Largs and Taperoo up the road too,again lovely clean parks,cafes etc.

Guest Drumms

We have friends in Henley but they looking to moving towards Semaphore, Largs or Taperoo. Hoping OH will get work with defense at the port. We are over later this year and will be looking at Semaphore. Isn't there a tram due to open in Semaphore that goes to the city, or is that already working?

Having said that, have been taking an occasional sneaky peak at Brighton, have heard rentals are tough to find? Not sure about that, may just be hearsay!

Not helping sorry!

Guest Ric & Paula

Regular buses into the city and I believe the outer harbour train line is due to open towards the end of April,but as yet they're still working on the line.For me the tranquility of Semaphore outweighs the bustle of Glenelg and Brighton,but still lovely bars and cafes etc.

Guest Andrew&Ren

We are in Glenelg and very close to Jetty Rd, I must admit it can get a bit noisy on a weekend. BUT Glenelg has nice places to eat,shop,have a coffee and of course the tram link into the city is handy. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Areas like Somerton Park and Hove are lovely and in between Glenelg and Brighton.

Good Luck!