Guest r_1159

SA state sponsorship Questions! give me some references please

Guest r_1159

Hi

I am in the stage of applying for South Australia State sponsorship. I filled online application form and all of a sudden faced a questions

"Please detail what sort of research you conducted and your understanding and own analysis of the employment prospects and opportunities that may exist for you in South Australia."

How can I answer this question. Please give me some website as references to get useful and comprehensive information

Guest guest3462

Hi we are also doing our form this week! The questions are a bit odd aren't they? It's a bit different for us though as we already live in Adelaide on a 457 visa so the answers are slightly different for us in that we already have employment security and have built a house and got the kids settled etc!!

You could make a call diary of all the phone calls/interviews you have made to prospective employers and keep any copies of letters or emails and put those in with your paperwork. Mention that you are looking at employment opportunities in all areas of SA, not just in the city, as they look favourably upon non metro workers. Google jobs in SA and mention them all in your answer (even if you dont look at them!!) Every little helps as they say, so even if you think it is insignificant put it in your paperwork as evidence.

The question we most struggled with was the one where it asks you you research and give your analysis of employment prospects outsde of your chosen career. ?????????? We didnt do any research outsde of our career remit (why would we??? lol) so we basically had to widen the truth a bit on that and say we had looked into it. I rang immigration SA about this question and they told us what to put, so if you get stuck, ring them here in Adelaide and they'll help you out. He also went through the rest of the form with us to help make sure we had answered properly. He was called David and was really nice. For us it was all about how we have settled into Adelaide life, we have to provide references from the community (work, kindy, groups, neighbours etc)

Good luck with your application and remember to get it to the Adelaide office by 14th May or you'll miss this seasons batch of accepted applications!

Julia

Guest The Dimmocks

DEEWR - Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations

Have a look at this website, we used it for our state sponsorship application. One part gives expected employment growth for different jobs, we gound carpenters and joiners so sure you find what you looking for. We quoted all the bit relevant in our application.

Also it has a job search section so can see what jobs are about in your trade and also search others.

Good luck.

Michelle

Guest gabriel
    DEEWR - Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations

Have a look at this website, we used it for our state sponsorship application. One part gives expected employment growth for different jobs, we gound carpenters and joiners so sure you find what you looking for. We quoted all the bit relevant in our application.

Also it has a job search section so can see what jobs are about in your trade and also search others.

Good luck.

Michelle

Hi Michelle

We are just filling out the forms for State sponsorship 2nd time round as we didnt show enough analysis in job prospects in the first one. THIS WEBSITE IS BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!!!Thank you so much!Sending all our bits off on Monday so shoved some more stuff in from this website! Thank you

Trudy x;)

Guest theredmenace

Are SA still granting sponsorships for the 176's??? I thought they had put it on hold until the new "occupations in demand" or whatever its called were out??? Reading into it I also though there would be no SS until they produced the new State Migration Plans.

I hope Im wrong, can anyone confirm???

Thanks

Gary

Edit - see link for news, get your applications in before 14th May http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/83576-new-sol-state-migration-arrangements.html. Hopefully that means Im wrong.

Im confused

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hi Michelle

We are just filling out the forms for State sponsorship 2nd time round as we didnt show enough analysis in job prospects in the first one. THIS WEBSITE IS BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!!!Thank you so much!Sending all our bits off on Monday so shoved some more stuff in from this website! Thank you

Trudy x;)

Glad it was of some use. Good luck with your application.

Michelle x

Guest r_1159

I did not find anything special for SA how would i use it to investigate about my occupation ?

Guest r_1159
    Hi Michelle

Trudy x;)

Why did you get rejected ? didnt you perform research or maybe they demand a lot of researches? I ve gone through different company website isnt it enough ? I am really getting worried

Guest gabriel
    Why did you get rejected ? didnt you perform research or maybe they demand a lot of researches? I ve gone through different company website isnt it enough ? I am really getting worried

Well!We went to "Down Under Live" show at the end of January and spoke to a South Australian Government official (we had done our TRA bit and were at the stage of paying our agent more cash) she said we could apply for State Sponsorship on-line & it didnt cost anything. So we were so excited went home after spending half an hour at the show! and filled it out on-line from the top of our heads without any research - only going by our own thoughts of Adelaide (we vistited last year) It said on the form no more than 1000 or 1500 words but I think we wote about 6-700 words. If you look on previous threads on migration issues there is a post from me (about 2 weeks ago) some other lovely peop's gave us some advice - so we have printed off a few jobs we found in the area and a bit more info. My OH applied for a couple last year but course they want you to have a visa - however we kept the e-mails so going to throw those in aswell. We also failed on the cash requirement as we have no savings - all our money is tied up in the house - but understand there are ways around it. Luckily we asked our agent for help again- so I would definately recommend some advice from your agent - we wont be doing anymore stuff on our own as it just takes twice as long!!:chatterbox:let me know how you get on - we are sending our off on Monday - the last one tok 5 weeks & 4 days. Good luck

Trudy x

Guest gabriel
    Hi we are also doing our form this week! The questions are a bit odd aren't they? It's a bit different for us though as we already live in Adelaide on a 457 visa so the answers are slightly different for us in that we already have employment security and have built a house and got the kids settled etc!!

You could make a call diary of all the phone calls/interviews you have made to prospective employers and keep any copies of letters or emails and put those in with your paperwork. Mention that you are looking at employment opportunities in all areas of SA, not just in the city, as they look favourably upon non metro workers. Google jobs in SA and mention them all in your answer (even if you dont look at them!!) Every little helps as they say, so even if you think it is insignificant put it in your paperwork as evidence.

The question we most struggled with was the one where it asks you you research and give your analysis of employment prospects outsde of your chosen career. ?????????? We didnt do any research outsde of our career remit (why would we??? lol) so we basically had to widen the truth a bit on that and say we had looked into it. I rang immigration SA about this question and they told us what to put, so if you get stuck, ring them here in Adelaide and they'll help you out. He also went through the rest of the form with us to help make sure we had answered properly. He was called David and was really nice. For us it was all about how we have settled into Adelaide life, we have to provide references from the community (work, kindy, groups, neighbours etc)

Good luck with your application and remember to get it to the Adelaide office by 14th May or you'll miss this seasons batch of accepted applications!

Julia

Hi Julia could I just ask briefly what you did write on the "what research have you done outside your chosen career" - we have just saved our application on-line at mo as stuck on this! e-mailed our agent no response as yet??!!!Rang agent - on the phone!getting well stressed out? Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Trudy:confused: xx