Guest nurse sue

nurses on 457

Guest nurse sue

hiya,

i know a few of you are going on 457 visas, but didnt want to hijack mikes thread!

just wanted to ask who you applied to for jobs? did you go straight to SA health or have you gone through agencies?

and can i ask if any of you secured relocation packages or any kind of relocation assistance?

did anyone have problems getting the salary level you were entitled to? did you have to haggle?

thanks for any replies,:notworthy::wubclub:

sue xx

Guest mike and tor

I applied through the SA gov web site. The response to my email application was swift and the team leader very helpfull.

The pay stated 90k pro rata. It is actually 65k basic then you have to work every holiday to get ti to the 90k mark. They are fair in placing you on the salary scale according to years served.

The relocation package is very standard and not flexable or open to negotiations.

I also tried to secure a 457 via an agency but the agency did not come up with the goods.

Guest nurse sue
    I applied through the SA gov web site. The response to my email application was swift and the team leader very helpfull.

The pay stated 90k pro rata. It is actually 65k basic then you have to work every holiday to get ti to the 90k mark. They are fair in placing you on the salary scale according to years served.

The relocation package is very standard and not flexable or open to negotiations.

I also tried to secure a 457 via an agency but the agency did not come up with the goods.

hi mike, thanks for replying.

can i ask if you have askef for, or they have offered the living away from home allowance?

cheers

sue

Guest mike and tor

umm I have not asked for it and they have not offered it. What is it?

Also I hear you should get paid an extra amount of dollars if you have a degree. I think i seen that on the ANF website. But dont quote me on this.

Guest nurse sue
    umm I have not asked for it and they have not offered it. What is it?

Also I hear you should get paid an extra amount of dollars if you have a degree. I think i seen that on the ANF website. But dont quote me on this.

its an aussie tax allowance offered to some employees ... i found this article really good at explaining it;

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/documents/The_Living_Away_From_Home_Allowance.pdf

Ive heard it bandied around a lot of discussion forums over the years, so just curious to know if its something offered normally - i did hear that most people have to ask for it for some reason rather than it being offered.

Ps, i dont work for gomatilda, just thought it was a good explanation :lol:

Guest mike and tor

interesting, i think i will put this to my employer.