Guest kessy77

Beach suburbs

Guest kessy77

Can anyone give reccomendations of the different beach suburbs. We would be looking for a 3/4 bed home with decent sized garden with garage for maximum 330,000AD. Good links to city centre and good schools would be essential. We are family of 3 with 2 dogs if this helps, used to living in a small touristy type town in the Highlands of Scotland! Thanks. There is so many, trying to narrow it down!

Start up the top

Semaphore

West Lakes

Grange

Henley Beach

West Beach

Glenelg

Brighton

Hallett Cove

Christies Beach

Port Noarlunga

Seaford

Moana

Maslin Beach

Port Willunga

Aldinga Beach

Sellicks Beach

sorry to anybody if i have missed thier suburb out it was not intentional, check out some of these places by doing some research mate.

Hope this helps

HG

Guest nurse sue

have a look at housing for sale on domain.com.au or realestate.com.au - on both sites you can search using the map, inputting specific details such as price, plot size, bedrooms etc

Guest guest569

If your max is $330k then i think a 3 bed at Aldinga is what you'd be looking at.

Guest kangomik

$330K will be a lot of searching, but don't give up...... there are a lot of factors that change things over here:)

If you are willing to do some work then you can still get a solid home in Christies and Port Noarlunga. Our daughter bought a house in Port Noarlunga for $310,000. She's right accross the road from the Onkaparinga river and 2 minutes from the village and beach.

There are some great beaches along the south east coast but the closer you get to the city the more expensive things get.

I know that I am biased but google the images of Port Noarlunga...and also ask people what they think of Port Noarlunga! Loads of our guests decide to rent long term in Christies and Port Noarlunga when they leave us.

Have a look at the pics of Port Noarlunga South (I know Port Noarlunga again!) but the place is stunning....Look no further than....you guessed it....Port Noarlunga. And if you enjoy fishing...the Port Noalunga jetty is great!

This should get a few comments!

Cheers.

Tamara:o

Guest kessy77

I'm going by what we can borrow over here in the UK, I'm not sure how it works over there. Thought better to research on the 'safe' side of our budget!!

Guest rockpool crab
    If you are willing to do some work then you can still get a solid home in Christies and Port Noarlunga. Our daughter bought a house in Port Noarlunga for $310,000. She's right accross the road from the Onkaparinga river and 2 minutes from the village and beach.

There are some great beaches along the south east coast but the closer you get to the city the more expensive things get.

I know that I am biased but google the images of Port Noarlunga...and also ask people what they think of Port Noarlunga! Loads of our guests decide to rent long term in Christies and Port Noarlunga when they leave us.

Have a look at the pics of Port Noarlunga South (I know Port Noarlunga again!) but the place is stunning....Look no further than....you guessed it....Port Noarlunga. And if you enjoy fishing...the Port Noalunga jetty is great!

This should get a few comments!

Cheers.

Tamara:o

Hey Tamara...I'm curious as to the size of your daughter's house for $310K in Port Noarlunga. Please PM if you don't want to post online as appreciate that's fairly sensitive information.

Thanks, in anticipation.

Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

The house is 3 bedroomed, laundry, toilet, bathroom, dining, lounge and open plan kitchen. It's in River road, Port Noarlunga. The house is around 140 square metres but the plot is about 740 metres. She's right across the road from the tennis courts and the river is 50 metres away. They are busy doing work on the house...kitchen, etc but it's a great starter home.

We also have one / two (a house and cottage) in Port Noarlunga and we are moving back at the end of the year. I know that prices are going up as Port Noarlunga was one of the suburbs listed as being tipped for massive price increases.

As you know...great place to live....and great returns on investments!

Tamara

Guest rockpool crab
    Hi Carol Ann,

The house is 3 bedroomed, laundry, toilet, bathroom, dining, lounge and open plan kitchen. It's in River road, Port Noarlunga. The house is around 140 square metres but the plot is about 740 metres. She's right across the road from the tennis courts and the river is 50 metres away. They are busy doing work on the house...kitchen, etc but it's a great starter home.

We also have one / two (a house and cottage) in Port Noarlunga and we are moving back at the end of the year. I know that prices are going up as Port Noarlunga was one of the suburbs listed as being tipped for massive price increases.

As you know...great place to live....and great returns on investments!

Tamara

Hi, well..we love PN as we've rented here since we arrived (more or less) and I, like you think it has everything. But.it's still 45 mins by train from the city. That apart..it's still a fab place to live, cinema, bowling, ice rink, sport centre, huge shopping arcade, then the beach, jetty (snorkelling my passion), pub, lovely little shops, book shop, resaurant, art centre, library beside colonaides, theatre! not been but it's there...heeeeeeeeeeeaps happening in PN. So hopefully as you say..great return on investment as we've just bought here....happy days!

Guest Squareman

Haw Kessy, you'll not get much on that budget, hen.

Rather find employment and plan around your income

Guest katsmajic

Mortgages are worked out differently here, uk borrowing capacity is different to oz borrowing capacity.

Get here and speak to advisors/banks and see what they say to what you can afford/buy.

Down south is cheaper, and its lovely too.

Guest kessy77

thanks so much guys for all your help. much appreciated. We rent over here so dont have a property to sell, though we do have the option to buy the property we rent but as 1st time buyers in the current market its virtually impossible. Just wanted an idea of what we could hope to achieve in Oz, no point in making the move if we end up in the same situation we are in now.

Have been researching port noarlunga, it looks beautiful. 40mins by train is a fair distance though, how long does it take by car? What are the rental prices like in this area? And are the schools good?

Sorry to ask so many questions!